“Very good for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orchard Hill Inn

Orchard Hill Inn
You added Orchard Hill Inn to your Saves list
Orchard Hill Inn
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1958 N. State Road 135, Nashville, IN 47448   |
Ranked #16 of 25 Nashville B&B and Inns
Nashville, Indiana
“Very good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed Sunday through Thursday. They have a special on their website where the second night is free during the week. They also offer a breakfast coupon for $4 at the Artist's Colony Inn for their breakfast buffet (costs $7.75 at the restaurant). The room was plenty large, had dish network for the ~25" tv, king size bed, chair, two night stands, and chest of drawers. Bathroom was separate, so it didn't take up any of the room space; likewise for the closet. The room was clean, and towels fluffy and large. The bed was one of the best hotel beds I have stayed in, and the pillows were too. The room had two windows on opposite sides, allowing for a nice breeze to blow through, so I didn't have to overwork the window ac unit. The room also had a ceiling fan to move it around. The room I stayed in also had free wifi. I'm not sure if they all do, but room 2 does. It has two Orchard Hill networks. One appears to be for the hotel staff, the other open access.

For the downsides...No refrigerator in room, and no ice maker on site. I stayed here while mountain biking, so I had to stop and buy a cup of ice at the gas station to put in the water bottles. I guess the money I saved made it worth it, but it still would have been nice. The inn is not staffed 24 hrs, so make sure you have everything you need when you can catch the housekeeping staff. They only clean every 2-3 days, but had no problem giving me extra towels/tp for the room. I just swapped out towels and put the garbage outside when I needed it. Also, it is about a mile or two outside town, so if you want to eat or go walk, you will need to drive to town.

I will definitely keep this place in mind when I come for the next mountain biking trip. If it wasn't for the second night free, I'm not sure I would definitely come back every trip, but as long as it is during the week, this is it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Windfall, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We loved our room. It was simple and just what we wanted, nothing fancy. You had your privacy when you were there. We brought a cooler with ice and our drinks in it so we had something to drink. If everyone would read their website, you would know what to expect. We really enjoyed it and will be back.

Room Tip: Look through their website at the different rooms to get an idea of what you would like. We had the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
East Peoria, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I'm not sure what annoyed me the most about this place. a) nobody resident - check in consisted of pulling an envelope clipped to the front door of the room # you received via email and typing the code in the envelope to enter the room b) a total and COMPLETE lack of room service- even after mentioning to the maid the room was ready to be serviced, the bed was never made, the towels not replaced and the trashcans never emptied or c) in spite of locking the door when I left, twice when I returned the door was unlocked. I'll not stay at a place using keypad entry ever again.

additional note. It was right on a BUSY highway. People attending a drag race in Bean Blossom felt compelled to let me hear how loud they could rev the car before shifting. This isn't a charming little place, but rather an prettied up 1950's era motor lodge.

Room Tip: find someplace else to stay - way too many good places in the area to bother wasting your time or mo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
samson077
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Cute hotel just north of the shops in Nashville. Well maintained and clean rooms. The rooms are updated, and yet still have a cute rustic charm. The beds weren't amazingly comfortable, but we both slept just fine. Would recommend this hotel if all you are looking to save some money and you don't mind staying just a few minutes from all the fun in Nashville.

* as others have mentioned, you will hear some traffic noise in the morning...it is on a highway afterall;) but during the night I didn't notice at all.

• Stayed October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

No on-site assistance after 8:00 p.m. ... Basically on our own when help was needed with the television ... Loud road noise ... Very basic accommodations for the price (ie. no telephone, clock, or ice) ... Quite disappointed when compared to previous reviews ... Would never consider staying here again and would definitely not recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This was our overnight stop driving from the Smokies to Chicago to fly back to England at the end of our holiday. We got lost and had to phone a couple of times for directions. The receptionist was very helpful and also recommended somewhere to eat as we were arriving late. We found our room to be really welcoming, clearly a cared for building, a classic 50s motel sensitively restored with lots of character. Breakfast is by means of a voucher for the Artists Colony Restaurant in Nashville, free parking while you are eating. breakfast was a lovely buffet, one of the best of the holiday!
There was no overnight noise and a good nights sleep was had by both of us, the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, we went on to spend the rest of our morning in Nashville which is a lovely town, highly recommended.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

It looks kind of scary when you drive up but the previous reviews are accurate. The inside is great. Room was big and spacious, super clean, and had updated fixtures and furniture. The bathroom has ceramic tile and was super clean. The shower was smallish. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great night sleep. The only thing that was a little off was the thin, all- weather type carpeting. Other than that it was great. Even though it's close to the road it was very quiet. We were a little nervous about there not being anyone on site as we got there a little late, but when we arrived someone was waiting for us and our envelope with the code was all ready. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Orchard Hill Inn? Share your experiences!