“Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
South Bend
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This lodge in Brown County State Park is an excellent place to relax, hike and get back to nature. The rooms are comfortable and everybody is very friendly.

Mooresville, Indiana
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Place is awesome. Kids love the water park. Rooms are always clean. And the restaurant is great too. Of course, none of this compares to what lies outside.

Visited October 2012
“Omg!!! what a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Ate dinner at the little gem restaurant it was amazing....the buffet had fall off the bone BBQ ribs prime rib and fried chicken super amazing..an we came back for breakfast and it was delicious as well...recommend this to anyone with tast buds

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't Expect Much and You Won't Be Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ate here today while visiting the State Park. The Lodge and Dining Room were cute enough. I don't expect much from a salad, soup and food buffet, just some simple foods, enough to fill me up. The salad was fine. The soup was less than average, but edible. The buffet food would have been fine except the foods were not warm. Mac and Cheese....actually cold. Chicken, not bad but lukewarm. Keeping food warm in a warmer should not be a hard task, so that was disappointing. I enjoy my food warm. Dessert was a little ridiculous in the buffet because one pan had the corner leftovers stuck to the pan and the other a little peach cobbler left. Again, at the least keep the buffet with fresh food. It shouldnt matter if it is 2:00, after the heavy lunch crowd has ended. My husband ordered off the menu, meatloaf. We laughed so hard because the meatloaf was so drowned in ketchup we couldnt see the piece. He could barely taste the meat. The young guy serving was sweet and attentive and we couldn't bring ourselves to complain about anything. But c'mon Abe Martin manager. . . .it's obvious from reviews this place could use a little stepping up. We weren't expecting fine dining, but we expected decent, warm food for a reasonable price. Prices were reasonable, but food was not. My recommendation to others until you see some better reviews....eat a light snack and then hit a place outside the park for the money you would spend here.

Iowa City, Iowa
“Good service, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch here after a day of hiking. I had the salad bar and, while everything was fresh and tasty, it was a little too heavy on the typical Midwestern salad bar fare. They had the usual potato salad, coleslaw, three-bean salad, pea salad, broccoli/bacon salad, pasta salad, etc. It would have been great to have some unusual things, some raw veggies, and fewer "saucy" type salads. I was pleased to see darker leaf lettuce instead of the usual iceberg lettuce. The dressing tasted homemade. I did find it odd that wasn't any bread or crackers on the salad bar...or maybe I missed them. My husband had a unbreaded tenderloin and said it was OK. The service was good---our waitress was friendly and attentive. The price was good too. We paid under $20, which also included an iced tea.

• Visited October 2012