“Fun weekend, but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Valley Branch Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Valley Branch Retreat
You added Valley Branch Retreat to your Saves list
2620 Valley Branch Road, Nashville, IN 47448   |
Lebanon, Indiana
“Fun weekend, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just returned from 3 days (our first trip) to eXplore Brown County. We reserved two cabins and we knew going in that they were going to be "rustic", but they're kinda run down and need a deep cleaning and some updating. When you drive in your first view is of the back of old rusty dumpsters and trash... put up some fencing. There are piles of junk sitting around all over the place. These sound like complaints, but I don't mean them to be... I just think they've gotten a bit complacent and let it get run down a bit. NOW... the zip lining was top notch and the zip line staff could not have been better. My rate of 4 is based on a 3 for the "retreat" part and a 5 for the zip line/zip line staff. We would definitely go back for zip lining, but I don't know that we'd go back to the cabins.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Coatesville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My overall experience was great! My only suggestions would be 1. more detailed information on the website (I picked an rv spot for our tent because it said electric/water and was planning to hook up the electric blanket. Was disappointed to find out it was an electric hook-up for rvs! Most people might have known this but I thought it would be simple to update the website to say RV electric hook-up?). 2.photos of each specific campsite. we lucked out and got an awesome site. but might have chosen an even more secluded one if we had pictures to look at.
The showers had better water pressure and warm water than I expected!! Yeah!! and the toilets were nice and clean. The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary B, Front Office Manager at Valley Branch Retreat, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Tracey,

First, thank you so much for the review! We have been working hard to improve our facility over the last few years, and we greatly appreciate the feedback!

I apologize that there was a misunderstanding on the description of the type of electric hook-ups. It does state on the website that it is a 30amp hook up, but I realize that probably does not explain it well enough to the average tent camper (myself included!). I will work on getting a better description added to the webpage. I wish that you would have brought this topic to our attention during our visit, as we do have adapters that are available for rent that would have allowed you to plug in a typical household plug. Hopefully next time we will be able to provide one of these for you!

Photos of each campsite are something that I have been trying to get for a while now. Luckily, I was able to take a bunch of great pictures last weekend, despite the rain. I have posted these on our Facebook page, and will be working to get some of them on the website as well.

Thanks again for the feedback! We look forward to hosting your next adventure!

-Vicky
Executive Assistant
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I reserved a camping spot in April for a bachelor party. The staff was great and they were really accommodating. We reserved a group spot and it was perfect, right between two ridges with a creek running next to us. The only downside to the whole experience was the people I went with. They all had too much to drink and got too soaked by the rain that they didn't want to play paintball the next morning. I was willing to forfeit what I had payed for the paintball session because I knew it wasn't the staff's fault that the other guys changed their minds, but they gave me back a refund instead. They did not have to give us a dime, but they did, and I am grateful for that. This place is top-notch and I recommend camping here whenever you get the chance! I would like to return, but since my previous reservation was under my name and it went so horribly with my other guests, I'm not sure they will want me back! This place is very family friendly and one of the cleanest camp grounds around. Thanks for the great time!

Wabash
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Thanks for a wonderful getaway!!! My first time staying in one of your cabins and I loved it!! The decor and layout was fantastic!!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful! We are planning another trip soon so that we may try out canoeing and zipline again and maybe throw in a game of paintball!! So much to do there!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We took our first camping trip of the season the first weekend in April. Explore Brown County/ Valley Branch Retreat is one of our favorite places to camp in Indiana. Since it was so early in the season, there were lots of empty campsites and we felt like we had the place to ourselves. The primitive sites are a nice size and well laid out. There are lots of trails to walk and mountain bike which we have taken advantage of many times. Their pricing on firewood is very reasonable. It's well worth it to buy when you get there. There is truly something for everyone on this property. Whether you want to lay around the campsite and relax or you're itching for an exciting adventure. We will certainly be back for many more trips this year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Valley Branch Retreat? Share your experiences!