“Upgrades with Extras?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nashville

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nashville
Hotel Nashville
You added Hotel Nashville to your Saves list
245 N. Jefferson Street, Nashville, IN 47448   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Nashville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Upgrades with Extras?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

My husband and I were at a BCCE conference in Bloomington, Indiana(only 21 miles away) and decided to spend the evening in a quaint town. I booked the room online with Hotel Nashville Resort(look very closely at the pictures of the rooms!)

The check-in was the first clue to run out the door. The woman at the desk was on the phone with another customer whom was trying to book a room. When she hung up the phone, she complained that the woman wanted to book Labor Day weekend, but didn't know the date, and she didn't know it either so the customer would have to call back when she figured it out!

2nd Clue to RUN: We went to our Hot Tub Room,(~$150) the hot-tub cover was removed, the wall of the hot-tub was removed as if the maintaince person was still working on it. I sat on the bed to call the desk, and the headboard just about cracked me in the head as it fell away from the wall toward the bed.

Now, I will give them credit, the lady at the desk did invite us back to the office for a different room, Hot Tub Suite (Which was a room with King bed, a hot-tub with balcony(all part of the first room) and a sofa with a second tv and coffee table and 2nd remote, identical to the one in the picture!) I felt like they were trying to give us something for our inconvience, and make us happy. But I felt like I would be the next topic of her conversation w/ the next customer.

3rd Clue: The Hot Tub Suite($300): was an upgrade...with the extras...
If you look closely in the picture, the brown couch has a broken back but what you can't see is what is scary. We never sat in the sitting area, the couch, the coffee table because the floor around the couch and the couch was sprinkled with EXTRAS (fingernail clippings and toenail clippings)we didn't intend on finding in a hotel room. Fingernail and toenail clippings large enough to be seen when standing several feet away. Things like this make you wonder what the cleaning crew thinks is clean? We slept in our clothes in the King bed(stiff as a sheet of plywood)..The shoes never came off our feet. Didn't even get in the hot tub. By the way, the hot tub was warm...not even close to hot! The tvs were very old, and small, and the remotes on both tvs did not work. This was a very, Very Disappointing end to our weekend trip! We debated on complaining a second time, or going home early...WHAT DO YOU DO??? THIS WASN'T MUCH OF AN UPGRADE IF YOU COULDN'T USE IT! COULD IT GET WORSE?

We are not usually complainers. The policy for canceling the reservation in this case was very unclear! We paid for half before we arrived, in which there were no refunds. And upon arrival we paid the second half of the bill. It stated on the bill you would lose 20% of this cost if canceling the stay. We sucked it up and made the best of the evening, we went to the Artist Colony for a wonderful dinner, and went for a drive in the Brown county park to watch the sunset amongst the cartoon characters. I don't ask for much, just cleanlyness and accomodations we paid for!

CLUE #4(You really don't need this one! Do you?): CHECK OUT: My husband took our key in to check out, a different lady was at the desk. When he reported the room was dirty(fingernail/toenail clippings) and unkept(broken couch, same as one in the picture and non-working remotes), her only response was "Sorry." Something is lacking here? PRIDE?

I am Sorry too! I didn't check this website first! I 'm sorry I was disappointed in our stay in Nashville. If I ever come back, I would not stay here, I would drive to the hotel (Homewood Suites by Hilton~$150.) in Bloomington was a "palace" comparied to "first one bedroom apartment" for the same price. So, this is clearly not a case of "You get what you paid for!" This also means that other businesses in Nashville will also suffer...because Where they Stay is where they will EAT! & Spend Money on Entertainment!
I'M SORRY!

I hope for the future of Nashville, the local people of Nashville get on their government to force potential businesses to clean up their acts because it hurts them too!

• Liked — It was on top of a hill.
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Jeffersonville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

There were two couples that went up with us, we all stayed here and each had the two bedroom suite. Our suite was wonderful one other couples suite was great just needed to update the furniture. You are not at home with your own furniture but for price this is a great value. The area opens between 9:00 and 10:00 am. They shut down between 5:00 and 6:00 pm. The resort has several gazebo areas, a charcoal grill, heated pool, dry sauna, and a whirlpool. The showers could use new heads, but the water was HOT HOT and plenty of it. The mattress was very firm so if you are going to be there for awhile bring an egg crate. The staff was wonderful. I would return again, the other couple would also. If you expect the top of the line furnishings then you need to go somewhere else, and pay the price.

• Liked — the space, layout and price
  • Disliked — the mattress was very firm
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

Hubby and I stayed 3 nights for our anniversary. THe management and service were absolutely horrible. Our hot tub was maybe "lukewarm", reported it and got no satisfaction. The sheets on the bed would not stay on, we had to sleep on the naked mattress every night. Also reported it, again, no action. The staff was very uncaring. We were on the lower ring of rooms, away from the office. None of the ice machines were working, we were told we would have to walk up to the main office each time, even tho we both have bad knees. Waited and waited one morning for their free breakfast. Very late, and of course, again, no one saw the need for any urgency. When we checked out, we asked for some compensation due to the terrible time, and were met with only scowls. Truly, i feel no one there cares, let alone enjoys their job. We even talked to the manager, who was just as bad as the staff. We would advise anyone traveling to Nashville to stay ANYWHERE ELSE!!

Stayed October 2006
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

After many years of going to Brown County and staying at the Seasons. My husband and I went to Hotel Nashville for our anniversary and rented a hot tub suite. At the front desk we were asked if we wanted coffee for our coffee maker. We were handed 2 packs to take with us to the room. The room that we were in was behind an unmarked door and we had to share a small hallway with a room next door. The bathroom had stains on the walls and the shower head in the shower was at an angle. The soap and shampoo were in a dispenser in the shower and by the sink, which gave you the impression that you were bathing in a public restroom. The pillows were flat and the sheets weren't hotel sheets, obviously they buy them at Wal-Mart. During the night there was a light from the upstairs room that came through the vent in our room. If you want ice take your own ice bucket, all that they have are cheap bags to put it in. At the price they were charging, I would have expected a nicer room and better amenities. The only thing this hotel has going for it, is the location. The Seasons is a much nicer hotel at half the price.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

We rented a 2-bed suite, and it was more like a condo than a hotel room. Perfect setup for 2 couples--separate rooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchenette, balcony. Good value; our cost was less than we would have paid for 2 standard hotel rooms in town, and we got more space. Location is on the edge of town, but still walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Our room was in need of some maintenance, especially the bathroom, but the overall experience was very good. Staff was friendly and professional. We would stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone wanting more space for the money.

• Stayed September 2005
Hamilton Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

We stayed at the Hotel Nashville over four days. It wasn't bad for the price other than it was old in style and they charge you extra for cooking utinsels to use the kitchen in your suite.

I do encourage you though to get the Visitors Card at the Vistor's Center or through the Visitor's Bureau before you arrive. The card will save you money on lodging as well as food and other perks. It is well worth the $10 I think it was to buy the card. We got a free 1/2 pound of chocolate, saved 10 percent on most lunches and dinners and hotel, and purchases at stores.

I would definitely recommend the Jumping Monkey drink at the Expresso Shop (not sure of it's exact name) on Van Buren Street. It's one block south of Hotel Nashville. They have great soups and salads and wonderful friendly faces that work there ... especially Rick from Hamilton, Ohio. :-)

Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2005

I went to Nashville on a girl get away for two nights. We stayed at Hotel Nashville (VERY NICE) good price $149.00 for two nights HUGE suites.

I have heard Nashville called "Little Gatlinburg" I would much rather go to Gatlinburg, TN than go back to Nashville.

It was fun looking in all the little shops but really not that much else to do and everything closed really early....I'm talking like 4 - 5:00pm. This was springbreak the last week in March 2005.

No big places to eat in Nashville, so we drove each night to Blomington about 16 miles from Nashville and went to the Collage Mall and eat at the bigger places like Fridays, Chilli's, Red Lobster.....

It was a good time for just a little get away......but I would probably not go back.

Been to Hotel Nashville? Share your experiences!