“Super romantic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbey Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Abbey Inn
You added Abbey Inn to your Saves list
St. Rd. 46 West, Nashville, IN 47448   |
Ranked #14 of 26 Nashville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
indiana
“Super romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

We stayed there for our 5th anniversary weekend trip. It was the perfect location and very secluded. We hardly knew there were others staying in the inn at the same time ... even though the parking lot told a different story! The staff was very helpful at check in, when we realized we had left our charge card at home. They helped us contact our card company. But the best part was that after that we never saw them again, there when you needed them and leaving you alone when you don't need them. This will be our yearly anniversary trip!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Thanks so much. We enjoyed the undescriptive tranquility of Abbey Inn, enjoyable! The room was nice and comfortable and had a well kept hot tub...dont find many of those now a days. Really enjoyed the scenic area behind place with the small pond and short walking path. Plus the amount of privacy made it much more pleasurable. we will defintiely come back. The Staff was wonderful, full of local information and helpful with great resturant selections. Couldn't ask for nicer folks.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
suebedoo716
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I tried repeatedly to contact the inn prior to our stay by phone and email, no one returned a single message. The room was tiny! The website said we had a fireplace but it wasn't a real fireplace, it was one that just looked like a fireplace. The grout in the bathroom was cracking and crumbling. There was very, very little hot water in the shower. In the bedroom, the bed was hard as a rock, the sheets were pilled which told us they were old...the hot tub was in the room. According to the paperwork on the hot tub, the temp should not have gone over 105 degrees. It was WAY over that. The hot tub never shut off...it ran all night long - VERY LOUD. Save your money and go somewhere else!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

We made the mistake of getting married here. It was a scam. FLowers were not what I ordered, pond was scummy (outdoor wedding), planner was RUDE, etc., etc. It was so unprofessional. My wedding was pretty much ruined and the place is a joke. I dread seeing what the photographs that they took are going to look like considering the "photographer" was about 15 years old. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
marion in
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

we stayed at the abbey inn just to get away from the day to day grind. we try to get away twice a year and if possible we always stay at the abbey inn. total and i mean total privacy and we didnt hear a sound as far as the staff cleaning or any maintenance or anything. making a reservation was as easy as it gets and our room was simply wonderful. from the hot tub to the extremely comfortable bed. thank you for a wonderful stay abbey inn we will be coming back again and again

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
beavercreek, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

Having lived most of my life in Brown County, I recently moved. January, 2009 I returned for a funeral and knew I didn't want to stay with friends. I'd passed the Abbey Inn almost every day but never had a reason to stop in. On this trip, I decided to stay at the Inn. It was just what I needed --- private, quiet and cozy.

The staff greeted me and walked me to my room. They told me the rooms had been newly decorated in the past year. The room was spotless! It was beautifully decorated. I had a room with a kitchenette and a patio. I wish it had been warmer weather so I could sit outside and listen to the frogs down at their pond.

I was told each room has a hot tub and an electric fireplace. I had microwave, fridge, dishes and even wine glasses. Everything I could need or want.

I loved the fluffy towels and they were huge. They had a nice smell to them. Not the harsh, scratchy towels I've experienced before.

I had a wonderful experience and plan to go back again, soon!!

Kay
Beavercreek, OH

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Louisville,KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

We had reservations to stay. As soon as we walked in the door we were having second thoughts. The place gave us the creeps. It looks like a run down funeral home. The place stunk of a long forgotten bucket of potpourri. The hot tubs were right next to the bed which gave the room a humid feeling and terrible bleach scent. The chemicals coming off the hot tub were so strong they burned my eyes. The decor was cheap looking. We left and stayed at the Artist Colony instead which we highly recommend.

• Liked — Nothing did we like
  • Disliked — Ambiance
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Abbey Inn? Share your experiences!