“Olde Magnolia House Nashville In” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olde Magnolia House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Olde Magnolia House Inn
You added Olde Magnolia House Inn to your Saves list
213 South Jefferson Street, Nashville, IN 47448   |
Ranked #9 of 25 Nashville B&B and Inns
Greenville, Ohio, United States
“Olde Magnolia House Nashville In”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We found the home clean and ready to stay in. No bugs as previous reviews stated. Love the antiques, the decor, and its location for great shopping. Their are 5 ladies in our group and we have the entire house to ourselves. So far we like it and would come back. Maybe 2010 was a year it was ignored but it is not the case now. Nov. 2011...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Decatur, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

For the third time in four years I visited Nashville, Indiana. We are a group of 7 or 8 ladies that have been friends for 20 years. During those years we have traveled together several times including overseas. We like to do a weekend getaway once a year and have enjoyed Nashville in the past. We stay at a different house each time. This year was the first time we have rented a place that was not acceptable.
We drove the 3.5 hours eagerly anticipating a great time for all. However, from the moment we opened the door the mood for all of us changed. The large former bed and breakfast was very unacceptable. There was dirt every place we looked. They warned us about the ladybug problem when we picked up the key. But it was obvious that this place had not been checked for our stay. The bugs were swarming so bad that there were baseball size swarms in one bedroom. I called immediately and complained. They sent a maintenance man to suck up the bugs in a vacuum cleaner. We had to show him how to pull the cord out of the machine. He didn't know how. There were high ceilings so they didn't get done at all.
We unloaded the cars, put our food in the refrigerator and decided we couldn't even feel comfortable using any of the kitchen items. The fan in the kitchen had about an inch of dust and grease on it. This place had plenty of bedrooms 4 and bathrooms 5. One tub did not want to drain and one sink as well. No blinds on lots of the windows so not much in the way of privacy. The ENTIRE house needs updated, however it has been on the market for some time so I doubt this will happen.
I called the office back to see what our options were. We were told there were no other places to stay except for one very small place where we would have to use blow up mattresses. We are in our 50's and 60's and did not think that would be much fun. The office also told me they couldn't guarantee we would get any money back. We had paid in full way before our arrival. So then we would maybe have to pay double for a much smaller place?? No offer to discount our stay. The girl in charge said she would come to the house to look it over to see why we were so upset. Several of us waited two hours and she didn't show. One unbelievable thing she asked me is "Well the beds have been changed and made, haven't they?" I guess that says it all.
In the mean time a couple of the ladies went to the Brown County Convention & Visitors Bureau to explain our situation. Their coordinator Chris was very understanding and tried her best to help us find a solution. She called our booking agent and had a visit. The office we had rented our place from called me on my cell and was upset we had gone to the convention bureau. I told her we had waited for her for 2 hours and she didn't show up and she said she was at work and that we would not be getting any discount for our stay. Very rude, very unprofessional and for sure our last time using this company Hills O'Brown. The property manager was out of town this particular weekend and she did not even call after this happened. If I ran a business, and I have, customer service is very important and trying to solve a problem is a priority.
The 7 of us made the best of a not so great situation. We are going to Galena next year!!!

Decatur, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

The online pictures make you think you're staying in a quaint, cozy, former bed and breakfast. The location was awesome and it was nice to have parking. But after walking in and seeing dirt, bugs, and dust, it was a rude awakening. I am in the real estate business, and I don't understand the poor customer service we received. The staff at Hills 'O Brown Realty weren't particularly friendly at check-in. But when we called to ask for someone to come and clean up the fist-sized clusters of ladybugs, they were downright rude. The house should have been inspected for cleanliness prior to our arrival. And the heat turned up. Walking into a cold, dingy, buggy, house was not the scenario I envisioned for my weekend away with my friends. A maintenance person was sent, but he was ill equipped. A staff person said they were coming right away to look at the house and resolve our issues. They never showed up!! And to top it off, they said they weren't authorized to give us a refund so we could stay somewhere else. We located a nice clean hotel with kitchenettes that we would have moved into. I would not stay here again, and would not rent from this realty company again. Customer Service? They need training.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Missy46037, Owner at Olde Magnolia House Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
This review along with the other two from November 2010 were all from the same group. who were rude, and mouthy to the staff of the management company I use. They left the house in deplorable condition. I was a "guest" in my own house in both October 2010 and March 2011 and found the cleaning to be up to standards, the cabinets well stocked with dishes, pot and pans, etc, and both our family reunions were delightful.
Hanna City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Upon the arrival, the first impression was that it needed a thorough cleaning. I don't mean dust, vacuum and wipe down sinks and counter tops. I mean get down to the real dirt!! Over the center isle kitchen area was a ceiling fan loaded with heavy grease and very visible heavy black dirt. It needed a wash down with soap, water and disinfectant. The toaster and coffee pot needed a very good cleaning or to be replaced. We could not use them!! We had planned to prepare a few meals and had brought the items with us, however, we did not prepare any meals and brought all our items back home. More expense for us because we then had to go out to eat!! Some friend's not in a financial position to do that!! Uncomfortable position for them, but we worked that out as to not embarrass them!!

I realized that there would and could be a few lady bugs because of the weather. I did not expect to see fist size balls of active lady bugs in the corners of the bedrooms, especially upstairs. At first, thought to be a decoration of some kind. The windows were loaded and stray lady bugs in various other places in the house made it very uncomfortable. The lady bugs definitely made their presence known!! Had a thorough cleaning been done of that home before our arrival, they should have known that those little critters would have been as issue with any visitors. Not left as a nuisance and sanitary problem to us. After a complaint to the rental office, (lack of professionalism in there and slow response time), an attempt was made to vacuum some of them away. The maintenance man had no ladder to reach the ceiling and we showed him how to operate the vacuum. He was very pleasant and nice, but needed the right equipment to get the job done!! Couches deplorable to sit on!! No support whatsoever!! I could go on, but I'll leave it at that!! I think you can get the picture by now!! The only thing it had going for it was the great location!!

This home is on the market, but if they still plan to rent it out until it sells, it needs to be CLEANED!!!!! I'm certain it would not pass an inspection with the health department as a rental home until that happens!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Olde Magnolia House Inn? Share your experiences!