“Big Woods Brewery” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Big Woods Brewing Co.

Big Woods Brewing Co.
Description: Brewery and Restaurant...great beer, great food
Miami, Fl
“Big Woods Brewery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Landed there by accident. It's sort of hidden in an alley. Chose Big Woods because there was no waiting. I ordered a "Big Woods burger" a grilled ½ lb. certified Angus beef burger with chips (they also have the "Big Mouth Burger" 1/2 lb certified Angus beef burger topped with caramalized onions, cherrywood smoked bacon, smoked pulled pork, cheddar cheese, and aioli sauce), my wife had a Portobello Mushroom Sandwich and our cousin had the chicken salad. The food was very good and the service was excellent. They also their brewed selection of beer.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Only had beer.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We stopped for a beer. The blondie was yummy! We sat outside on patio it was chilly but the Heaters kept us toasty and nothing beats the outdoor fall smells in nashville!!!

Indianapolis
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Bob and I along w/Jenny, Katee and our foster girl Tootsie had a very delicious and relaxing lunch on the deck at the amazing restaurant. Of course I had the pretzel w/beer cheese, while Bob tried the Stout Nachos which were delicious. Of course we had to split the Wimpy burgers and ordered extra beer cheese to dip the chips in. The ice tea is strong, but delicious. They do not have Sweet and Low. Our girls were given a bowl of water and lots of hugs. Love this place!!! Once again, it is Nashville, so you are treated like friends.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
“Dinner was excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very good experience. The craft beers are great and the food is exceptional. We love the decor and the wiat staff is friendly and accomodating.

Visited October 2012
Columbus, Indiana
“Not as Good as Previous Years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been going to the local bar in Nashville since they opened a few years back and have enjoyed amazing service, amazing food, pretty good beer and excellent staff. However, the last 3 or 4 times I've been, the beer has been depreciating in quality. The beer is being produced either too quickly or served before it should be and it tastes very green. If you're a home brewer or one who appreciates fine beer, you know exactly what I am talking about when beer is rushed. Unfortunately, most people drink beer just to get sloshed and don't appreciate the fine flavors of beer but to those loyal to taste, the past three or four trips have made me regret paying 5.50 for a pint of green beer. I have mentioned something to the staff the past two times and they were polite but stated that they did not receive any other complaints. It certainly can't be just me but if my beer is flat, unflavorful and declining in quality, I would certainly want to know. Tim, I hope you're reading these comments. If so, please slow down on the beer production and focus on flavor again. Your beers were some of my favorite local crafted brews!

The food pairing with the beer is pretty amazing. I love the pulled bbq sandwiches, the pizza variety is outstanding and the pulled pork nachos are worth the trip to Nashville alone! They sell cool brew-related accessories and have fun events. I want to go to a place that is more than just succesfull marketing. Please return to your roots!

I will be back. I hope and pray the beer returns to its previous high quality. My guess is that they sell so much beer so quickly that they don't want to turn people down and tell them they are out of beer rather than slow production. But if people catch on that the beer isn't as good, it may cease production of beer all together.

• Visited August 2012