“I recommend the chicken and artichoke wrap” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I recommend the chicken and artichoke wrap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We went for a late lunch and were impressed. It is an eclectic type place (which I love) and I found several things on the menu that sounded good. I settled on the chicken and artichoke wrap and was very happy with the choice. The service was good, the food was great, and the atmosphere was fun. However, like lots of places in Nashville, it is a bit worn around the edges so if that's an issue for you, be prepared.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Indiana
“Middle of the road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The cafe was recommended by a local merchant. Food was good, not great. Service mediocre - expected better because the place was only about 1/3 full when I went on a Sunday for lunch. Coffee smelled very good but I didn't try it. Not sure I would go again.

North Central Indiana
“Nice breakfast place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We found this quaint place for breakfast. It has great coffee and really good food. The service was a bit slow due to all the visitors coming in for coffee. It does seem popular with the locals.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Visited in the evening, went back in the morning!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My wife and i walked around downtown Nashville a week or so ago and decided to give this place a try. I just wanted some coffee but she was ready to eat. There wasn't a hostess but we were greeted right away by friendly staff. I thought the service was good and enjoyed the coffee. I also ordered some fried taters, but i forget what they were called exactly on the menu. they were pretty good. My wife ordered some bean soup and a Reuben sandwich. She enjoyed her meal but couldn't finish so of course I did. The bean soup was different than I'm accustomed to, but good. it tasted as though there were no ham or bacon flavoring but some subtle spices. Just the soup alone would probably be a good vegetarian option. The Reuben sandwich was quite good. We went back for breakfast and the biscuits and gravy were pretty good, very down home in flavor and texture. Once again the coffee hit the spot.
Now, on to the atmosphere. It was enjoyable with various artwork and re-purposed items throughout. The building looks pretty old; I don't believe there is central air. I think it was being cooled by a window unit but that was not an issue for me. There also was a little mini stage towards the back were they have live music from time to time but we didn't catch any of that. We will go back sometime.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Racine
“Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

The chicken artichoke wrap was terrible, very bland and the sauce that they give u is too spicy. The sweet tea did not taste sweet at all. The service was a guy standing at the front counter talking to a bunch of his friends. I come here every year for the wraps cause they were so good. Yuck not anymore!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Muddy Boots Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Muddy Boots Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.