“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Nashville
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This past weekend our son was married at the nearby Story Inn. We decided to hold the rehearsal dinner at the Brown County Inn as well as suggest it for a place our family could stay. After reading some of the reviews, we became a bit concerned so we drove down and checked it out. True, it would be nice if it had a little redecorating, but the staff and food were both excellent. Everyone commented abut how great the meal was on Friday evening (we had around 45 adults plus children in attendance.) Cris and her staff were so friendly and accommodating - even letting our little 2 year old granddaughter help blow out the candles after the dinner was over which made her night! If you are looking for luxury rooms, this is not the place for you, but it you are looking for a nice place to stay with friendly staff and good food as well as good location - it is perfect. Thanks again to all of the people working who made it a great experience for us! D & J from Ft. Wayne

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cincinnati, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a reservation at this establishment for 2 days. We had stayed here about 5 years ago and I read all the reviews about how rundown it had become and I was a little concerned. Those reviews don't even begin to tell you how ridiculous this place has become. We checked in, and the young lady at the front desk said, "feel free to enjoy all of our outside activities in the back". If you saw what was in the back, you would have choked with laughter or cried in disappointment. The tennis courts, the miniature golf course, OMG!!! I am well over 50 and it looks like, I must have been in diapers, the last time either of these "outside activities" was attended to. Honestly, that BAD. (I will not even comment on the shape of the swimming pool, I will leave that to your imagination). We then went to our room and it was about what we expected, nothing great but not worth the money without the free meals thrown in. We turned the TV on and noticed they only got about 12 channels and of those, only about 6 channels were actually viewable (the rest were scrambled). We called the desk and 2 repairmen arrived promptly. The one said, "those channels haven't been working for awhile now, it's not our deal, it's the cable companies fault and there is nothing we can do about it!" I swear I am not making this up. We said can we move to another room and he said that he would check but he was pretty sure that every TV on the property was just like ours and had been for some time!! Are you kidding me! Every single room has a messed up television and no one thought to give the freaking cable company a call! Unbelievable!!! One hour after we checked in, we went to the front desk and said we were checking out and please void our bill. The young lady at the desk had to make a phone call to confirm that she should not bill us for a one night stay in their dump! Remarkably, our money was refunded in full. 5 minutes later: We pull into a Comfort Inn right down the road and for the same price we also get a whirlpool bath, a refrigerator, a microwave, and about 50 TV channels that worked perfectly (must be a different cable company!) Imagine That!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Made deal on line on Facebook they didn't want to honor even though I had the printed form. Had to get maintenance to fix TV, which was not that big of a deal. Never could get wi-fi kept telling me I needed a password, the girl at the desk kept telling me I didn't. The final and worst thing thank goodness we checked we found two bedbugs. I really hated it because we liked the place. We don't mind old and worn. We loved the atmosphere, and it was a perfect location, but it has really been neglected. We looked at the pool, we don't do pools, but if we did we wouldn't have done that one. It's really a shame.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
INDIANA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We just got back from Indiana Bike Week and our stay at the Brown County Inn was absolutely amazing. It rained both days that we were there. The housekeeping staff were extremely kind and every morning I went out to my motorcycle there was a fresh dry towel on the seat for me to wipe off the bike. Front desk people along with bar and restaurant staff were super. We will definitely stay again when we go back. E and C

Versailles, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Everything old and need of repair. Tub drain, toilet runs, light has no switch-stand on rocker to plug in,halls dirty,sliding door not secure, Overpriced versus condition of property. Will stay not stay here again and will tell all my friends to avoid property and once ownership is established, will avoid any establishment they own plus all my friends also. Not happy.

Greensburg In
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Location is awesome. Hotel was dirty and run down. Didn't seem from neglect but over use with no upgrading over the years. Several reviews said the rate was good but there were several hotels near by that were cleaner and more modern for the same rate. Unfortunately there was no wifi either. No big deal if the rest of the hotel was ok but in this case an issue. Pool was dirty with visible rust in the drains. Corridors were dark and carpet was filthy. Mattresses in the rooms were cheap or very old. Was very disappointed as this was the premier hotel when I was growing up.

• Stayed June 2013
Crestview Hills, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The rate for this hotel I thought was good deal until I got there. It pretty much ruined my trip. Our room was supposed to have a queen bed but it was a murphy bed and it was more like an oversized full but not quite a queen. Plus with it being a murphy bed there was no head board to rest on while watching TV or reading. There was not a fitted sheet on the bed or a mattress cover, so the sheet kept coming off and exposing a mattress...disgusting. Our bathroom was clean but the sink would not drain properly...disgusting again! Also there was an empty water bottle not from us behind the night stand and a dirty coffee cup left in the room prior to our arrival. It is not rustic it is so outdated its hard to even explain. I am pretty sure the comforter was from the 80's!! Our room had mauve colored carpeting so that will tell you how dated everything was. All I wanted after a day of shopping was to come back to a nice room and rest but that is not the case here. I will never stay at this hotel again even if they do update! I checked for bedbugs that is how worried I was and I found none. That is the only good thing I can say about this place.

Room Tip: go the the cornerstone Inn I hear is really nice there! That is where I will be staying the next tim...