“You can't live on reputation forever!” 2 of 5 stars

Brown County Inn
51 E. State Road 46, P.O. BOX 128, Nashville, IN 47448   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Nashville
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“You can't live on reputation forever!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Going to Nashville is a highlight of the fall season, and the town thrives on tourist traffic throughout the year. We stayed at Brown County Inn this past weekend, and were disappointed yet again. There have been signs of updating, but it only goes so far. The rooms are old and the bathrooms are small. Even a curved shower curtain would improve the small bathtub/shower combination. The halls are always ice-cold. We were kept awake most of the night by a group that was meeting there that weekend. The front desk phone rang busy all night, and the night manager never picked up on his/her line. The dining room personnel are very friendly, but the pork loin was dry, and the bread pudding was overbaked, along with a too-sugary sauce. The fried chicken and fried biscuits were good, but it looked like the fryer grease needed changing, as both came out dark and unappetizing. We certainly didn't get our money's worth either way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Quaint hotel. Great location. Restaurant was outstanding! Hotel rooms are old, musty, and in great need of updating. Old phone and tv. Bedspread looked like it was 20 years old. Bathroom was clean. It could be an awesome hotel if they just invested a little money.

• Stayed January 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I attend a conference every year in Brown County and along with my work peers, we chose to stay at a different hotel primarily to save money. The still goes - you get what you pay for; however at a rate of $122 a night we didn't expect what we found. We requested to be moved from the first room because it had a terrible smell and just dirty (hair in different areas of the bathroom). After being moved to a different room, we found more of the same. Wallpaper peeling off the wall, old dirty and smelling bedspread (not to mention how unmade it was, my 3 year old niece could do better), holes in the lamp shades, carpet with spots all over it, shower head with hard water stains, and again hair everywhere in the bathroom. Not to mention in the morning we had to shower with cold water. We were give a 10% discount. There is no iron and ironing board in the room. And when we called for one, it was a table top board with stains on it...really! I can say this was the worst hotel I have ever spent the night; I think motel 6 would be better than this. As I said NEVER AGAIN...I advice all to think twice before reserving a room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Whitestown, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

we have been coming here for many years, we got married here, it hurts us to see bci falling apart, the cleaness, the structure is coming apart, we were here in aug, 2012 us and our grandson pick up alot of trash outdoors, one day we were on the deck and did not hear the knock on the door the housekeeping came on in without our permission, in the past years if we forgot to put the maid sign out door knob, the front desk would call to see if we needed anything, i believe it is against the law to go in a room without permission, i could have been in the shower and did not hear the knock, i have always loved brown county inn and i have alot of respect for so many people there through all the years there has been so much caring, making sure every thing is good, helping with any problems, i hope what ever has gone wrong will get fixed, i wish everyone that works at brown county well, my heart hurts from what has happened

Room Tip: choose room 202 or 204 the view is beautiful ,the service was great in the lounge or restaurant but...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bowling Green, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed there last fall, for two night and the noise above was horrible, that kept us up most of the night and it seemed no one really cared. The rooms are what they are old and not updated. The staff was courteous and food at the restaraund and the tavern were the best part of the stay which includes not being in the room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the 2nd floor
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sheridan In
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

After reading some of the reviews below about the musty smell in the rooms and all I almost wished I had canceled my reservation. But we all know it is tough reserving any room at this time of year I have stayed there many times in the past as it is my favorite place. Two main reasons the location to all the shops and I love their swimming pool! It is one of the best! It is heated and feels really good to take a morning swim in. Saturday my girlfriend and I had the entire olympic size pool to ourselves! I did not smell any musty smell anywhere in the hotel. I suppose if I looked hard enough I could have found something wrong. In all we totally enjoyed ourselves and had a very nice breakfast there following our swim. I would reccommend to my friends and family to stay a nite or two!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the BRI on an impromptu visit to Nashville. It was not a good experince! The bathroom floors had lots of hair on them, clearly they had not been cleaned from previous guest. The sound from the room above was so loud it kept me awake all night and morning, no sound proofing between the floors. The rooms are very dated and grimy, the bedding didn't stay on the bed, the box springs were exposed and the pillows were flat. The phone in the room had a static problem so couldn't use it to call out when cell phone went dead, the front desk said would just have to come to front desk if needed to use a phone. It just didn't seem worth the price! Needs alot of TLC!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Brown County Inn? Share your experiences!