“Overnite stay there Sept 29th” 4 of 5 stars

Brown County Inn
51 E. State Road 46, P.O. BOX 128, Nashville, IN 47448   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Nashville
Sheridan In
“Overnite stay there Sept 29th”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

After reading some of the reviews below about the musty smell in the rooms and all I almost wished I had canceled my reservation. But we all know it is tough reserving any room at this time of year I have stayed there many times in the past as it is my favorite place. Two main reasons the location to all the shops and I love their swimming pool! It is one of the best! It is heated and feels really good to take a morning swim in. Saturday my girlfriend and I had the entire olympic size pool to ourselves! I did not smell any musty smell anywhere in the hotel. I suppose if I looked hard enough I could have found something wrong. In all we totally enjoyed ourselves and had a very nice breakfast there following our swim. I would reccommend to my friends and family to stay a nite or two!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the BRI on an impromptu visit to Nashville. It was not a good experince! The bathroom floors had lots of hair on them, clearly they had not been cleaned from previous guest. The sound from the room above was so loud it kept me awake all night and morning, no sound proofing between the floors. The rooms are very dated and grimy, the bedding didn't stay on the bed, the box springs were exposed and the pillows were flat. The phone in the room had a static problem so couldn't use it to call out when cell phone went dead, the front desk said would just have to come to front desk if needed to use a phone. It just didn't seem worth the price! Needs alot of TLC!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I were going to Nashville to watch a show at the Palace Theater, and thought a dinner would be nice before. We looked at some other places before settling on the BCI, and it was not to bad. My wife ordered the fried chicken dinner and I ordered the roast pork dinner and they were both good. Both dinners came with salad, soup, and dinner roll basket. The salad was okay, not many choices to add to it, the soup was a Taco soup and the rolls were store bought, but not bad.

My wife said the chicken was better than other places she had been to and the roast of pork was not bad, came with a dipping juice. The baked potato was good, and the table water had a good taste, no after taste.

Both meals were $15.00 each and the waitress was super nice even for a busy night they had, we were seated quickly, order taken quickly and severed quickly. I wish we had more time for desert but we had a show to catch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We were told the restaurant at the inn had excellent food. We must have ordered the wrong thing, but the server recommended the pork loin. The pork was very very dry and tough to chew, the baked potato was not baked long enough, the salad bar was the best part of the meal. The carpet could really use a shampoo, it's absolutely filthy and the wall behind the cash register is stained and grimy. I can appreciate quaint but as we sat there I started to wonder if the dining room is so dirty what does that kitchen look like?

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kennard, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and found it rustic and quaint so I wanted to do something special for my best friend who was spending a few days back in the Midwest that she is missing so much. I thought it would be great to stay here and be close to all the boutique shopping in Nashville. I was so embarassed by the conditon of the hotel. Upon entering the musty smell will knock you over. We had several hallways to walk down and the carpet was stained and the hallways also smelled very musty and mildewy. The furniture in the room was scuffed and needs to be replaced. The chairs on the patio were filthy. The room and bathroom overall was clean, which surprised me after seeing the lobby and the hallways. Was hurried out of the restaurant because they wanted to shut down for the evening at 8 PM. Was sure sad to see such a great place go to pot, but I won't be returning or recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This place has so much potential. Upon check-in we were not greeted, we were treated like a nuisance. We had to argue with the woman about why it is NOT ok to copy my husbands military I.D. Our roomed smelled horrible. Our blankets felt like they had been soaked in starch. The prices for the restaurant were crazy high for the portion size. Very upsetting..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I give up after all these years of staying here. It was a great place at one time! The owner has milked this place far too long without spending any money for remodeling or upkeep.Boards and nails warped and popped up on deck around pool. Outside light to playground broke for years. Rotted board on sidewalk rotted and orange cone placed there for a year now. Min. golf in horrible condition. Rooms have never been remodeled in my over 10 years of going there. Used to be there almost every other month. No one remembers us at any of our visits back.Have never ever seen anything to show appreciation for me or my familes business. The front desk is never friendly or willing to say anything more than one sentence. You cant help but like the dining room and bar staff who are long time employees and still care about the place and are always nice to us. But it is time to move on,

Room Tip: These rooms are all the same, so does not matter!