“It's a shame” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Nashville
Bloomington, Indiana
“It's a shame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This place has so much potential. Upon check-in we were not greeted, we were treated like a nuisance. We had to argue with the woman about why it is NOT ok to copy my husbands military I.D. Our roomed smelled horrible. Our blankets felt like they had been soaked in starch. The prices for the restaurant were crazy high for the portion size. Very upsetting..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hobart, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I give up after all these years of staying here. It was a great place at one time! The owner has milked this place far too long without spending any money for remodeling or upkeep.Boards and nails warped and popped up on deck around pool. Outside light to playground broke for years. Rotted board on sidewalk rotted and orange cone placed there for a year now. Min. golf in horrible condition. Rooms have never been remodeled in my over 10 years of going there. Used to be there almost every other month. No one remembers us at any of our visits back.Have never ever seen anything to show appreciation for me or my familes business. The front desk is never friendly or willing to say anything more than one sentence. You cant help but like the dining room and bar staff who are long time employees and still care about the place and are always nice to us. But it is time to move on,

Room Tip: These rooms are all the same, so does not matter!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Monroe, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were NOT impressed, and will not stay there again. When we 1st entered the room I was struck by the darkness of the room. Even with all the lamps on, it was still VERY dark. There was wood paneling along 1 whole wall, with evidence that something (a decorative piece of wood?) had been removed. There was also a musty/moldy smell to the room. There was a child’s toy gun and 2 ping pong balls under one of the beds leftover from a previous guest, so obviously the room hadn’t been vacuumed properly. The carpet just outside our room had a big rip in it. The bottom sheet on the bed was too small – it didn’t stay tucked in. Our room had a balcony, which was nice, but the chairs were dirty. The whole place is in desperate need of a remodel! But my biggest problem is that the “free wi-fi” didn’t work the whole weekend. Friday late afternoon I called the front desk when I couldn’t get online and the gal said it was down, and that they were working on it (I wasn’t convinced that they were, in fact, actually working on fixing it). I tried several times from then until Sunday morning, but was never able to get online. When we checked out I asked for a discount because of the wi-fi problem and she gave us $40 off. On the other hand, the restaurant was very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I decided we would stay at the BCI because we're from the area and recently moved away. We wanted to stay close to town so we could walk and enjoy the shops. That was on positive. Location was decent. Not much can be done by that.

Room smelled musty and moldy when we walked in. We tried to get a couple sodas, they came out HOT. Tried to make coffee in the morning. House keeping must be SUPER LAZY or just ignorant because there was a USED and OPENED coffee package. Really...? Huge stains on the carpet....

I would NOT recommend the BCI to anyone...... renovations have to got to be done to keep up with the hospitality industry down here. I work in the customer service and hospitality industry, and when I see little things like this, it just makes me very disappointed. Maybe that's because I set high standards for myself.

Don't waste your money to come here. o not worth it......

• Stayed August 2012
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

A group of friends and I wanted to get away for the weekend and stay somewhere away from the busyness of Bloomington or Indianapolis. We had heard great things about Nashville and thought we would give it a try. We got there knowing that the rooms had an older feel to it, which was nice for a change of pace. The rooms were well kept and it was kept at a nice temperature for when we first got there. The staff answered a lot of questions about what shops to go to and places to avoid. At first we wanted to go out for dinner but decided to eat in the dining room there. Our waitress was very nice and the food was decent for what we paid. Although the dining room was dated, it is consistent with the character of the hotel and the town itself. One of my friends said it best as we left on Sunday when saying, "I think we just got what is known as Hoosier hospitality." That was the best way to say it!

Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Choose a room that looks into the court yard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Today my husband and I drove down to Nashville to do alittle shopping and to have lunch.We decided to eat lunch here.We knew they served fried bisquits and apple butter,one of our favorites when we go to Brown County.

The restaurant was dark and drab.We have been coming there for years and I do believe the decor is the same.Huge wagon wheels for lighting and tacky old wallpaper on the walls.Our meal was okay.Salad bar is good but they give you saucers for the salad.Food was tasteless-how can you mess up on corn.The only redeeming item was the fried bisquits.

This place needs a complete makeover if it to continue in business.So sad to see many of the restaurants going that same way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa wanted a room while the rest of the family camped. Well, we didn't get a restful sleep the whole time because the air-conditioner worked CONSTANTLY, blowing cold air on us. Turning it off was not an option. The bedding was such that the fitted sheets didn't stay fitted. Bathroom was clean. Carpeting needed to be freshened. Beautiful park, but not so for the rustic cabins.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Brown County Inn? Share your experiences!