“Beer lover's dream come true” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Wheaton, Illinois
“Beer lover's dream come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

3 Floyds! Excellent brewpub in Munster, IN. We arrived at 2:30 on a Saturday. Place was packed, it was a 2 hour wait before we were seated with a party of 5. We did the brewery tour while we waited. The tour was about 30 minutes, very informative but nothing to write home about. Once seated we had a great time. Cool atmosphere, clean nice place with a kind of rocker/metal theme....Flat screens on the walls played old movies from the 80s/90s....Karate Kid and Kickboxer played while we were there haha. Great food, a lot better than expected....Beer was excellent. A must check it out for any true craft beer lover. Please be patient when you go, you'll most likely wait a long time, but it's worth it. I'm definitely going back again soon! A couple random things we noticed: Although super busy there were times when tables were available and nobody was being seated, which we thought was strange with the crowds of people waiting outside....They seem to hype their place a little by keeping people outside waiting. Maybe they just wanted the place to not feel crazy packed inside I don't know....Also they were out of Zombie Dust in their store, which we thought was kind of a joke with it being their #1 beer and its not even available at their brewpub....They make it way to hard to get that beer! Oh well they have lots of other amazing beers anyway (Try the Gumballhead, Alpha King, or Pride and Joy) Those are my only "complaints".....Overall still a 5 out of 5

Visited November 2013

PORTER
“Beyond Upsetting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

On Friday 10-25-13 around 1:00 pm I came in for lunch. This was my first time in the place. The sign at the door stated to please seat yourself. I seated myself in the dining room as I thought the bar to be too crowded, dark and loud. My waitress asked if anyone would be joining me. I told her no. She then tried to move me into the bar. If I had wanted to sit at the bar I would have done so in the first place. I ordered a beer and food. While eating my food my beer ran out and she never came back to ask how my food was or if I needed another drink. So I went into the bar to get a refill on my own. My waitress scolded me and told me I am not allowed to get my own beer from the bar and that I needed to get it from her. Really? Well, she was not around while I was eating and I was dry. I did not even have water in front of me. Why have the please seat yourself sign if it's going to make the waitress mad? And to scold a customer for helping her out by getting my own beer in unconscionable to me. She needs a lesson in diplomacy to say to least.

Visited October 2013
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Fun Food, Delicious Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Located in an industrial park, I was surprised by the coziness of this place. From previous patrons, had heard that the wait for everything was 1-2 hours to eat / purchase beer. On our trip we arrived on a mid Sunday afternoon and were seated right away. Lots of beer kitsch to peer at. Beer list was experimental and extensive; with only one guest tap! Food list was super creative; I dined on smoked octopus and a hearty dish of baked mac n cheese with bacon, while my co-hort had a house made tropical dog and poutiene. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. Will be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Fun, Fun, Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was part of a small group of beer adventurers who stopped by for some lunch and beer. The menu was imaginative and everyone was very pleased with their selection. The portions weren't gigantic, so no one was uncomfortably full, which happens too often these days. Our server was prompt, courteous and knowledgable.
What really knocked my socks off was the beer menu. There must have been 40 selections of an amazing variety of styles. If you know anyone who enjoys beers, this is a MUST VISIT.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I like beer - Three Floyds had great beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

They know what they are doing and of the local craft beers, I rank them right up there with the Flossmoor Station.

Visited June 2013