“Cancelled Reservation Without My Knowledge"” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Muncie
Zionsville, Indiana
“Cancelled Reservation Without My Knowledge"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I had a reservation from 12/1 to 12/13 at this hotel. The hotel was informed that I would be arrived after midnight on the first night. I arrived around 12:45am and the hotel told me that they had no rooms. I told them I had a reservation, but it didn't seem to matter. He said he was told that one person would need to be turned away tonight, which was me. The person at the desk offer no apology and he didn't even seem to care. I contacted the hotel twice via email over the past two weeks and I have received no response.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbus, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Got to the hotel about 4:00PM. We had been at a BSU football game and my wife had cooked out on the grill because it was Dad's Day and she did not want to make me cook. She took a shower right after we checked in. Got out of the shower and guess what? No Towels - not one. I went down to the front desk and the once they finally got a hold of the maids the maids acted like it was our fault that there were no towels in the room!

Hallway carpet was very dirty and worn.

In the morning when we got up I opened the door to go get a cup of coffee and there was a police officer standing right outside my door. He was dealing with our drunk neighbor who was claiming some woman ran off with his "medication".

Room was just OK.

Breakfast was your standard out of the package warmed up stuff you'd find at most cheap hotels that offer breakfast.

I can't believe people who wrote other reviews would call this hotel "clean". It was dirty and run down in my opinion. I suppose it could be a matter of perspective based on what you are used to.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Buffalo Grove, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

We usually stay at the Fairfield Inn but it was already booked so we tried Holiday Inn Express. The price was cheap and I guess for the price you get what you pay for. Positives were that the beds were actually somewhat comfortable and the staff were helpful, making sure we had the requested extra rollaway bed in our room when we arrived late. Coming from Chicago we were later than expected and they were very nice allowing my son who is a student at Ball State to check us in. They has our reservation down for 5 but only had one set of towels in the room. The front desk person was nice and due to the place being full pulled extra towels out from the dryer. So while friendly and helpful, not prepared for the crowd. The carpets as many people have commented are really really disgusting and you question the cleaniness as a result. The carpet by the elavator was the worse with many huge coffee like spots in our room. We managed okay, internet worked, parkig lot was packed but again it was a busy weekend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Granger, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Great staff, clean, great value. Did not eat at the breakfast buffet. (Went out to IHOP)

Beds were a little hard for our taste. But overall it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hinsdale, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

this is a very small Holiday Inn (HI) and the first HI that I was not impressed with. I have stayed at many HI's, but this one was not well kept. To begin with, there was no parking. I drove around the lot and waited for someone to come out to find a spot. Upon entering my room, the room smelled musty. my room faced the parking lot and right outside my room was the parking lot light. I tried to close the curtains, but could not close them enough to prevent the light from shining right in on me. The breakfast was average. The service was fine.
There is a hampton and a marriott right next door or within walking distance.
I would not stay at this HI again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
columbus, ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

the staff could not have been nicer, rooms were clean, breakfast bar was ok, beds and pillows are way too soft. went to kohls and bought my own pillow, location is close to cardinal greenway trail. Hotel was very quiet easy to sleep. BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

We rented three rooms over the Thanksgiving holiday for an extended family get-together. Prior to going I read every review of this facility. I had a little trepidation regarding the carpet. I am happy to report that we did not encounter any of the described issues of "sticky" capet.

The rooms were especially clean. The staff was especially friendly. I had the opportunity to visit with some of the cleaning staff, the maintenance person and various shifts of front desk staff. Everyone was very friendly and professional.

Our family gathering was excellent and the facility was a major contributor. If we visit Muncie again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie? Share your experiences!