“Fine, but not fabulous” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie/Near Ball State University

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie/Near Ball State University to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie/Near Ball State University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3400 North Chadam Lane, Muncie, IN 47304 (Formerly Jameson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Muncie
Carbondale
“Fine, but not fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2006

The Signature Inn was fine. It seems to cater to business travelers. The pool and fitness center were closed for most of my 5 day stay, as was the hot tub. There is no elevator, and I had to walk pretty far to get to my room from the parking lot. The had free wireless internet, but this was not advertised on their own website-- had I known I would have brought my computer! Otherwise things were clean and comfortable. My last complaint was that they took my mostly clean towels that they said they wouldn't wash if I left hanging on the rack- not a crime, but annoying.

• Liked — big desk
  • Disliked — housekeeping
  • Tips/Secrets — don't go for the pool
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2005

We used to live in Muncie & end up visiting a lot. The Signature is now our favorite place to stay. Very nice staff.

The regular rooms are very clean (though I can't vouch for the jacuzzi rooms which tend to get pretty heavy 'party' use in University towns and are icky in general).

Useful amenities like fridge & microwave in some rooms.

NO ELEVATOR however- so book on the 1st floor if this presents a problem for you.

• Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2003

I live out of town, I came to muncie for christmas. To my suprise my parents had gotten my wife and I a suite at the signature as a christmas present. Our suite had a king size bed, Just like the other couple everything was covered in dust. I had to bring my own vcr to the room to be able to watch an adult movie with my wife,provide my own vcr/tv cables. The hottub was rather small, my wife is petite, myself I had problems finding room in the hot tub. I am average size 6'3ft.
250lbs. The hottub was not much larger than a bath tub. The floor around the hottub was tile and got to be very slippery. My wife and I had dinner earlier in the evening it was a good thing because the vending machines were out of order, and neither ice machine was working. We had to go out side to another resturant in a snow storm just to get a soda.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2003

For my birthday last year, my husband reserved a jacuzzi room for us at the Muncie Signature Inn. I know others who have stayed there, or worked there, usally it is a nice place. I was surprised at the way the room had, or rather had not been cleaned. I used to clean rooms in a motel so I know what to expect as far as how well the cleaning job has been done.What I found wrong in the room?There was a previously opened pop can in the refridgorater. There was dust on the heat/air unit that was obvious had been there more than one day. Actually, it looked like it was at least a week's worth of dust. There was powder residue on the bath room floor, along with small pieces of toilet paper. The trash cans weren't properly emptied, they weren't full, but had small pieces of previous trash. I do have pictures of the experience, and when I went to the desk the following morning to let management know how the house keeping was. There was no management on duty. No one was there to allow for a refund. The girl at the front desk was nice and apologied saying she would leave my name and number and complaint for the manager to contact me. He never did reply. I don't expect a refund, I did spend the night, but I did expect to hear a apology from the manager, and to know the problem would be taken care of. I heard nothing. I don't concider that good customer service for management of that establishment.

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie/Near Ball State University? Share your experiences!