“Great inexpensive place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Muncie
Crown Point IN
“Great inexpensive place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

My son and I stayed two nights, June 13th and 14th, as we were in town for orientation at Ball State. If you are looking for a simple, clean place to sleep and shower, this place gets an A+! The total for my stay was $122. That's what the hotels in town with a pool charge for one night. Our room was modern and very clean. There is a larger sized mini fridge in the room. I did not notice an elevator and there are only two floors so I am sure there isn't one. I would suggest requesting a first floor room if stairs are an issue for you. There is a standard complimentary breakfast including juice, cereal and the like. The staff here was so friendly! Both girls I encountered at the front desk could not have been nicer, and the man who checked us out in the morning was pleasant as well. My son is starting four years at BSU this fall, and I think I will be spending many more nights here!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bellefontaine, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Front desk staff was exceptionally pleasant, friendly and professional. Room was neat, clean and attractive and beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was also very clean and in good order. We found this location to be very adequate for our needs and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Weehawken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Pros:
1. Really friendly and happy desk staff. Their attitude was more in line with a high end hotel than a Super 8.
2. Great price. I stayed here during Ball State's graduation weekend and it only cost us $109, which is actually a good price for that weekend. I checked the price on a normal weekend, and those prices make more sense for the hotel.
3. If you are staying here for Ball State related business, the location is quite good, but you will still need to drive to campus.
4. There is a free breakfast, but it is very simple. There is an IHOP across the parking lot that you can walk to in a minute.

Cons.
1. The rooms upstairs are much smaller than the room downstairs.
2. The AC in our room was kind of out of control. It worked a bit too well, and the room was very cold and the unit was loud when on. We ended up turning it off.
3. This may have been in the bottom five worst beds I've slept on. My wife and I could feel the springs and one side was only about 6 inches from the wall so it was not easy to get into it.
4. The shower base area was a bit chipped.

Overall:
If you need to stay near Ball State and need a cheap room but do not mind a somewhat uncomfortable bed, this may work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed one night while attending the Muncie/Anderson dog show. The motel is older and not fancy, but my room was spacious, clean and everything worked fine. The room also had extras, i.e. coffee maker, mini-fridge and microwave. The bed was also very comfortable.
For dog folks, there is a lot of grass to walk dogs. Also, as a woman traveling alone, I'm always concerned about walking my dog at night. The area felt very safe and was well lit.
There are several restaurants and fast food within walking distance.
The only thing that wasn't the greatest was the breakfast (only carb type food, no eggs or yogurt).
It definitely is a great bargain. I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Findlay Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

This is an attractive motel but showing some wear. We were in the room right at the top of the stairs. It was cut back for the landing and thus was about 1/4 less than the other rooms. The king bed took up most of the room but there was enough room for a recliner, desk for computer (have free wi-fi), and refrig. The TV color was bad, there was not TV channel guide, and there was no closed captioning. The sink was in the rest of the bathroom. The bed was softer than we like but managable.
The staff was quite efficient and friendly. The breakfast had a limited amount of tables and not as much of a selection as other Super 8, but still had enough to give us a good start to the day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We were there to see my granpa who was at hospital. I was stressed out because of long trip and the reson we were there for. When we arrived at the hotel gentleman at the desk helped up carry our luggage in and gave us directions which was great! The room was clean and nice. Overall, it was nice stay!

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Super 8 Muncie/Ball St? Share your experiences!