“Good food, good price.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food, good price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Excellent food, fresh, tasty, and cooked well. Great value as you get hot fresh bread with dipping sauce. I ate so much that I didn't have room for dessert and they looked great too. Great service. Waiter was nice, smart, and very attentive. Even though it's a chain, it gets an A+ in my book. My mom enjoyed her meal too!

Visited August 2012

Fishers, Indiana
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

After leaving a restaurant that treated us poorly, my Mom and I drove on looking for somewhere to stop. We’d never heard of this restaurant before and decided to give it a try. From the very second we walked through the door until the time we left, we were treated like royalty. The hostess came out and opened the door as we entered and seated us immediately. Our waiter was superb and the food was excellent. It was also very reasonably priced. Our only regret is that we don’t live closer, but I know I’ll be back when I come to visit my daughter who is attending nearby Ball State.

Visited August 2012
Hartford City,IN
“It's still better than Olive Garden!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Never had a bad experience here. Bread good, olive oil good, balsamic good. Server of of course makes the difference. Charity was great.. I would suggest extra sauce no matter what the dish. The creamy chicken/rice soup is above average and only 1.99 extra for all you can eat of it. Not up to Biaggi's quality, but Carino's works for a nice Saturday afternoon lunch.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Castle, Indiana
“Pleasant experiences here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family and friends enjoy eating here when we're in Muncie and have some time to kill. The staff is great and our waiters and waitresses have been friendly each time. I love the food, although I can't say I've ventured far beyond the pasta section of the menu. That's what I love, so I stick with it, but my friends have been pleased with their other entrees, as well as salads and desserts.
Do note that on some nights, there can be long waits for a table if your group is even remotely large. We had a group of eight or nine come in before a formal dance and the place was packed. We waited for an hour before we could get a table.
Overall, Carino's is one of my favorite Italian chains around here. Don't go in expecting absolute extravagance and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indiana
“Should have known when it wasn't crowded.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I want to start off by saying the staff is so friendly and attentive, I instantly wanted o like this place. But I didn't, at least not the food, my server was EXCELLENT. Everything food wise just seemed cheap. The oil, I wouldn't even say it was olive oil, had table pepper and cracked garlic, but no real taste. The bread was salty. How do make bread salty? The caprese salad looked good, until I noticed the vinegar wasn't moving, it was thick. Weird. And the mozzarella was the wrong consistency. The pizza was just ok, nothing overly great or awful, just ok. I think if you really want Italian, you may want to keep looking.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere