“Gross Gross Gross!!!! Stay away!!” 1 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn Muncie
3400 S Madison Street, Muncie, IN 47302 (Formerly Passport Inn)   |
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Muncie
Bloomington, IN
“Gross Gross Gross!!!! Stay away!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

I arrived at night during a snowstorm and Muncie doesn't plow their roads. I was appalled at that and have never seen anything like that before (the roads not being plowed). One guy at a gas station said welcome to hell meaning Muncie is hell. I don't think I will ever go back to Muncie. It felt really backwards. I didn't see any snow plows and the roads the next morning were just as bad. That is absolutely pathetic. The room was gross. There were dead bugs behind the night stand and the sheets were stained with semen. The parking lot was not even plowed. The door lock was a joke and the place had been under new management twice in the past month. This place should just be torn down.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
rvguy66
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

This place is a dump... they have remodeled a little and changed the name to MADISON INN but it is still the same ol owners and its still the same old dump.... they have no resturaunt no pool no exersize room no laundry like they advertise the rooms are put together very cheeply the doors most don't lock the whole place smells like it has been on fire at one time and smells of mold...don't be fooled they also advertise a hotel bar they have none... no liquor license bar is shut down pitty cause after seeing the rest of the place i needed a drink... this place is ran by the talaban i think verry disapointing dont waste your time or money on this septic tank of a hotel

• Liked — I was able to kill the fleas within 3 days of leaving
  • Disliked — i hated everything about this place We will never stay at another Muncie Hotel I can not beleive the operate legally in Muncie, IN no rules? no restrictions ? this place a ture septic tank of a hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Broussard, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

This place is so bad... It was late when I got into Muncie for a family event early the next day I had been on the road traveling for 16 hours due to bad weather and had a headache due to trying to see through the rain and wiers on the car. I arrived the lobby was decent the only staff I found was a nice young man working in the bar he exlained that he was not in charge of renting rooms he woke the attendent who was an Indian man short heafty wearing shorts no shoes hair sticking straight up very rude and missing teeth. The man checked me in and I stoped back at the bar area to thank the young man who had heled me. When I got to my room carring all of my luggage myself I opened the door and the stench of mold and smoking filled my nose. I went back to the front desk to ask for another room the attendent had already went back to bed I spoke again with the nice youg man in the bar he went to see the attendent for me got a key and took me to another room, this room was much better. Although this man was very nice and did try to at least hel me he was not an emloyee of the hotel when I asked if he was a manager he told me he was leasing the bar and resturant from the hotel and that he was working late getting things ready for a delivery or something, I asked him for towels the room had none and Ice the young man his name was Rich I think returned with two new towels and wash cloths that he told me I could keep he went to a local wal-mart and bought them for me, and brought me a small bag of ice from the village pantry next door he apoligized for the conditions at the hotel and refused to take money for the towels. This place needs to hire more people like the man leasing the bar. He was very professional and didn't have to be. I woke the next day to look out my window at what the darkness the night before had hidden there was a stench comming from the pool which was green and full of what looked like swamp water the grass was uncut litter filled the yard curtains were down in other rooms matresses stained were standing in the windows in the court yard a crack [--] was standing outside my door cursing her pimp about how much money she owed him and I was scared for my safety. I called the front desk the woman who answered said no management was there but she would sppek to the man in the bar to see if he could help me. Once again Rich came to my rescue he ran off the rift raff and escorted me to my car he was so nice to me. I recently was back in Muncie over the holidays I did not stay at this hotel but decided to stop by the bar restruant to say hello to my hero who helped me and have lunch I was shocked to find the hotel had undergone some exstensive repairs and actually was beginning to look nice, the same rude little heafty toothless man was at the front desk. And told me the bar was closed and that Rich was no longer there. I will never go back to this place again. They are very rude. They lost a good person when Rich left I dont know what they did to him or why he is gone but I can assure you he was there only star in my book.

• Liked — the man from the bar who heled me
  • Disliked — everything...
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

This place is a dump!
We had two rooms and checked in at 2:00 AM or we would have never stayed. The place is nasty. The door latch did not work, door opened simply by pushing on it. Lights did not work in one room. Only one sheet on bed (no top sheet). Floors filthy. Ashes on water closet. No towels. Trash in drawers. Lots of pealing paint and broken glass. Brown water. Hot/Cold water could not be regulated. Bugs in shower. Chairs just nasty. Breakfast was WalMart donuts (one box) no beverage. Pool was two foot low and green (closed). No ice maker. junk stored in vacont rooms. Smoke detectors missing, wiring a mess. How this dump is still open is my question. Days Inn $3.00 cheaper and is a palace compaired to this place. We moved after first night. How would any chain put their name on this facility?

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

This is the most disgusting place you could EVER stay. I was there for the dog show and first when you drive in they have a pleasing front facade and lobby. Then the real truth rears it ugly head-----the lawn is full of weeds and uncut, there are broken down vehicles all over the parking lot; there are bums walking thru the parking lot at all hours. I was approached twice by prostitutes while walking my dog in the parking lot. I was awaken at midnight by a woman looking for hte man that lived in the room i was staying in and was persistant by banging on all the doors looking for him. Then inside--- someone had used half of my linens already; there was garbage all over the floor; the walls had liquid or food splashes down them (god knows what it really was) the grout in the bathroom was full of mold and there was rarely any hot water. I needless to say changed hotels to the Super 8 where i was very comfortable and felt safe. Also my dogs got flea infested from this rat hole hotel-----STAY AWAY!!!!!!

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — absolutely everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lexington Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

Upon arrival, the hotel was not marked with Passport Inn, it's street sign was Best Buy Inn. Passport Inn was a smaller sign on the actual building, not visible to the street.
We checked in at approx. 12:30 AM from a 5 hour drive and had to get up early. The attendant told us to go to our room by turning down the corridor, there was no corridor. Then when we questioned him, he became angry and said the outside was part of the interior of the hotel. Jeez! There were very young teenage kids smoking at the corners outside. We entered our room to see filth. There were dirty tissues on the floor, the beds had the spreads pulled up with portions of the corners laying on the floor - very sloppy. When we pulled the spreads down, the sheets and blankets were rumpled - obviously not fresh. There were no towels except a hand towel. The mirror looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. We immediately checked out deciding it would be better to sleep in our car... We were not offered a different room, they did not offer to clean the room and they refused to refund our money.
I've never experienced such a filthy place in my life! Gross!!

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — everything (ps: the pool had NO water)
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

Dont even waste your time on this NASTY hotel.....For starters the parking lot was not clear of the 11 inches of snow they got 3 days prior we had to put the truck in 4 wheel drive. When we checked in the lady at the front desk was nice, but didnt think she could take our cash for payment due to not having any change. Then we were trying to find our room, the hallway had just about as much snow in them as outside. When we got to the room I did not reserve it was horrible. My reservations was for a queen nonsmoking jacuzzi room, the room we were given was a double smoking room. One of the beds was broken and almost laying on the floor, the ceiling was falling in, there was scuff marks all over the walls, the door would barely shut, the bathtub was leaking and was black from dirt and rust. When I went back to the desk to complain the nice lady seemed to be not so nice. I showed her my reservation and she said that was not the right price....I told her that is what was posted on the website i got it from and they wouldnt give me that price, not that i would want to see what that room looked like after seeing the 1st room. Finally the manager came out and he was rude, but i finally got my money back and we got the heck out of there......so whatever you do, dont stop or make reservations at this hotel, unless they tear it down and build a brand new one....

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — the whole thing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Red Carpet Inn Muncie? Share your experiences!