“Pretty Good Place To Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Muncie
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Pretty Good Place To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Comfort Inn is a nice place to stay in Muncie, IN. The desk staff is usually pretty nice and helpful, (ask for the free appetizer coupon for Texas Roadhouse...), rooms are clean, has mini fridge, good desk/chair...shower is 'ok' - not water has weak pressure... no roaches on my 5 different visits, though... that's a plus!
Breakfast is good - plenty to choose from... but I stick to muffins and cereal and maybe a waffle. Close to all sorts of shopping and restaurants!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were one of the first guests at this hotel a few years back, and we were very impressed with this hotel and management. However, we were back in town to visit family, and things are not the same. The hotel staff and management was not as warm and welcoming, as we had experienced on our prior trip. We were informed ownership had changed, and the young couple who took care of us on our first trip was no longer with the hotel. The room we had was on the third floor, and the room was freezing, and the heater took a long time to warm up the room. The bed comforters were nasty and had white stains on them. The breakfast was definitely the major disappointment. The new owners need to pay more attention.

Room Tip: Ask for the heater to be turned on before you get there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Portage, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed there with my daughter for a night. We had the continental breakfast, which was very good, and lots to choose from. We visited Ball State University, and the hotel was a good distance from where we had to be. There were also quite a few restaurants in the area. Was a good value for the room we had. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: my ex husband stayed on the first floor, and the traffic from the parking lot was loud. I'd sug...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean, updated decor.. Breakfast was alright, nothing spectacular. Skip the gravy, sausage and eggs. go right for the waffle-- its uour beat bet. The walls were not thick enough to block out sounds- heard my neighbor's TV and snoring easily. Shower drained slow. Local was Very convenient. Hotel was nice looking but smallish I did not swim. There was a small fridge and microwave and coffee pot in my room that all worked well

• Stayed October 2012
Katy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

For our one night stay this CI was fine, nothing extraordinary and unlike a few reviews we did not have any problem with bugs.

Room was nice and for once had sufficient bathroom lighting at sink but dark in tub with shower curtain drawn. Usual breakfast. Luckily since they couldn't accommodate our request for a ground floor there was an elevator - much appreciated! Good location off a main street with plenty of shopping/dining nearby for our needs.

When back in Muncie to visit family we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed in Muncie to visit family. The hotel staff was nice and friendly. The young lady even offered to bring towels to our room, when we had offered to come down to get them. Breakfast was so, so. That's to be expected in a hotel. The egg patties were dry and not good at all.The pool was a nice size and the kids had fun swimming.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I don't usually write reviews but I just had to for this property. Stayed in this property for 2 nights recently for a business trip paid for by the company. Check in was fast...too fast for the lady to answer my question. I inquired if my reservation was eligible for stay 2 get $50 gas card promo that was very prominently displayed on the check-in counter (brochures, etc). I was told I don't deal with that and she didn't have an idea and told me to call the number. Helpful! First night I had trouble connecting to internet thru my netbook's wifi. I have tried about 30 mins in my room...shutting off wi-fi and turning back on, changing configuration, shutting and restarting netbook etc. It says "connected" to the hotel network but also says "no internet access". I contacted front desk at 930pm, who promptly told me "I am not a computer techie but you can come down and I will take a look". I came down to the front desk, and it was the same young lady from check-in, looked at the netbook and had me do a few things I already did, and said "I don't know" and flatly surrendered to the fact that she's the only one on the property. And that's it. To make the long story short, I REALLY HAD to check my email that night for important business matters and I looked for the manager. "I am the only person". Call the manager on duty AT HOME, I'm sure there is one. And she did. I eventually discovered the problem and corrected it myself, and left the front desk...a full hour after i tried connecting from my room! Next morning, first thing that I saw when I woke up from my king suite was...or I should say... 2 small roaches on the wall on the side of the bed. When I went to the bathroom, there was another one. I promptly told the front desk about my "roach roommates" when I went down for breakfast, and the guy said I'll make a note of it. Next morning, same thing, 1 roach on the wall and 2 small roaches on the bathroom. Mind you, I did kill the roaches the first day, so there were at least 6 different roaches that I saw. This property's rates are not cheap when I searched, but add another $10-20 bucks, you'll be in much better properties (hopefully) across the street. I did make the company who invited me aware of these problems, so I hope they don't send their poor visitors to this place anymore.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!