After to travelling to over 53 countries and staying at numerous hotels, I'd like to think I know what I want in a beach hotel. Cleanliness, good rooms, great staff, good food, great beach and Sarikantang has the lot!
The hotel is situated in Haad Rin, but actually on Leela Beach, smaller (arguably better?) brother to Haad Rin beach which is where the full moon party is.
Upon arrival into Haad Rin, if you've told them when your arriving they will send a free pick up which is always welcoming. Check in is a breeze with a free drink.
There is a variety of bungalows to suit all needs and they are all a good standard. We have stayed a few times at this resort and one thing that's been constistant over the years is all the rooms we have stayed have been spotlessly clean, sure your going to encounter a few ants and geckos now and a again, I'll give you a tip, ants and geckos have no preference why they abide, be it in a budget place or the best 5 star accommodation. They are part of the nature, so just deal with it.
Inside the room there is a TV and DVD player, which I believe you can borrow films at reception, if that's your ticket. There is also a much needed refrigerator with prices much the same as the resturant but there's nothing stopping you from filling it up your self.
The bungalows are well spaced out, and you never feel 'your on top of each other' unlike the awful Coco Hut next door, which has a 'cram them all in philosophy'
The hotel has two pools, one right on the beach and the other at the Lanai Rooms, both were virtually empty during our stay.
Breakfast is an excellent buffet with plenty to choose from and sets you up for a 'hard day on the beach'
I've saved the best part of this hotel till last. The resturant. Overlooking the beach it's wonderful place to have a nice meal at night. There is a good selection of Thai and Western dishes, all wonderfully presented in a nice ambient atmosphere.
Why is Sarikantang so low on Trip Advisor after I've giving it a great write up you ask? It's because the majority of the guests don't speak English, that's not to say there aren't any, and that's just fine with us, as we like our privacy.
Whether your here for a quiet holiday or partying till dawn on Full Moon, Sarikantang is the perfect place to stay in Haad Rin.
- Also Known As:
- Sarikantang Hotel Koh Phangan
- Sarikantang Hotel
- Sarikantang Resort And Spa
- Sarikantang Ko Phangan
- Sarikantang Hotel Ko Phangan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarikantang Reosort & Spa, a casual luxury beach resort in Koh Phangan. Just 5 minutes walk in to Haad Rin and the full moon party. The great place with best combination of relaxing beach life and excited night party in Koh Phangan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sarikantang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.