We came especially for the full moon party and stayed for 4 nights. You know the hotel has to be great if it rains for 4 days but you still had a great time!
We had a deluxe pool access room, which I think is the best apart from the beach front rooms. The rooms were very clean and modern. The bathrooms were very plain and seemed a bit dirty due to the stained blinds, but it was ok. The beds are super comfortable, like sleeping on a marchmellow. But be careful when requesting an extra beds and those are extemely hard and uncomfortable.
The hotel is close enough to walk to Haad Rin but they also offer a free transfer at certain times. The reviewers are right about the bad road up to the hotel (bare in mind that this is not the hotels fault) - but we found a short cut walking on the new road to Cocohut and walk through Cocohut to the beach, where you can then get to the hotel from a 1min walk on the beach. Problem solved!
The beach is great but unfortunately due to all the rain, it was very murky. The breakfast was good, basic selection but good enough. The food at the restuarant is really good, the Thai food was very reasonably priced but the Western food seemed quite pricey (at least for a South African)
The hotel has a compulsory full moon dinner (quite expensive 500THB) but it was really great. The buffet was really good and I am not a fan of buffets usually. There was a DJ and it was great to have everyone together in their full moon gear before the party!
If you want to stay out of the madness of Haad Rin but not too far, I would definitely recommend here. The hotel is quite and romantic so it would be great for couples.
- Also Known As:
- Sarikantang Hotel Koh Phangan
- Sarikantang Resort And Spa
- Sarikantang Hotel
- Sarikantang Ko Phangan
- Sarikantang Hotel Ko Phangan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarikantang Reosort & Spa, a casual luxury beach resort in Koh Phangan. Just 5 minutes walk in to Haad Rin and the full moon party. The great place with best combination of relaxing beach life and excited night party in Koh Phangan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Sarikantang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.