During our honeymoon in Thailand we've decided to "go wild" and to go to a best place we could find, no matter what the price is. We've found the "Best Western Phanganburi", and decided that this is the place we're looking for. A bit expensive (4000 Baht/night), but hey, we're taking their best cottage, facing both pool and beach!
The hotel's location is great - quiet (on the sunset beach), but only a 5 minutes walk from the parties and restaurants zone in the sunrise beach.
When we've got there, we have noticed that our room was much bigger than all the other cottages, but for some reason, the room was only facing towards the pool. At first we didn't understand why it wasn't built in another direction, but when we looked around, we saw that the room is built right above their sewage......
Anyhow, the pool area was beautiful, and it sits right on the beach. we've spent most of our time at the pool (Really fun when it rains :) ).
The service was OK. They really fail in the small details - The phone in our room was broken, but no-one came to fix it, even though they said that they'll "Be right there"; The safe in our room was locked, and no-one came to open it, and the toilet seat was nearly broken.
We've stayed there for 2 nights. Bottom line - nice place, but too expensive for what they offer to their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Phanganburi Resort is located on the Island of Koh Phangan, Thailand. You will find our Phangan Beach Resort in Haad Rin, where an almost non-stop activity has become one of the world’s most exciting destinations.Surrounded by the unspoiled nature, the resort is set on its own beach at the south of the island. Haad Rin overlooks the Island of Koh Samui and has brilliant sunset scenery. Explore and enjoy the experience of spending the entire holiday with on-shore recreations without leaving the resort.The adventure never ends with just a short walk to the colorful shopping, the entertainment areas and the legendary night life of Haad Rin Nok City.Besides its own long beach front, other amenities include two swimming pools, outdoor poolbar, on beachfront restaurant, spa with traditional Thai massage, banquet room, tour desk, currency exchange, minimart and a lot more.All Rooms provideLCD TV with local and international channels and remote controlCoffee/tea making facilitiesAir conditioning with remote controlComplimentary water (1 bottle/day/person)Safety box, Refrigerator, Telephone, Wardrobe, Hairdryer, Umbrella, Slippers, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Working desk, Full length view mirror ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers, Agoda and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN Phanganburi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Phanganburi Hotel Koh Phangan
- Phanganburi Hotel Ko Phangan
- Phanganburi Resort Ko Phangan