“Indiana beach is a waste of money.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 10 things to do in Monticello
More attraction details
Owner description: Today, Indiana Beach is home to six roller coasters. Of them, three are wooden roller coasters, including the world-famous Cornball Express, voted the #1 Wooden Coaster in the world by Theme Park Critic in 2002! In addition, Indiana Beach is home to Indiana's 1st custom steel coaster, Steel Hawg. Through all its new attractions, new slogans, and new guests, Indiana Beach never forgot its place as a classic facility filled with classic attractions. Whether it’s getting’ their fannies riding on a coaster, relaxing in the summer sun, or dancing & dining with family & friends, generations have enjoyed all that Indiana Beach has to offer including 0ver 100 accommodations. With plans for tomorrow blossoming every day, exciting changes every season, and a continued commitment to quality, there are no limits in sight for Indiana Beach’s future. From a cornfield that a horse and cart turned into a beach swimming area to the largest amusement & vacation playground in the state of Indiana, from its humble beginnings as Ideal Beach to its undying popularity in the hearts of guests of all ages and generations, Indiana Beach has come to represent that there truly is “more than corn in Indiana...”
“Indiana beach is a waste of money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Indiana beach is not the same. I recently took my family on vacation here. It was a waste of money. Before booking my reservation I made sure attraction would b open before making the reservation. Got to Indiana beach campground there was nothing open. The game room, the camp store the mini golf or the little water park in the campground and Indiana beach itself was not open. Due to kids going back to school. Went to Indiana beach on Saturday half the rides were down the zip line was not open due to them not scheduling a inspection. My kids got stuck on the kids ride the frogger. My father and another man had to get the kids off the ride. The new still hawk got stuck on a few people after just going upside down. The employees are all rude. Took my kids on the bumper cars and it states no head on collisions and the was teenage boys doing this and the girl running the ride was just laughing. I cut my foot in the beach area because it is dirty. restrooms are nasty. This place is a waste of time and money. I would NOT recommend going to Indiana beach.

Chicago, IL
20 attraction reviews
“Not the Indiana Beach it once was!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

While camping on Lake Schafer we visted Indiana Beach. I was very disappointed. It was very expensive. The food was not that good for what you pay for it. The water park is really nice but the amusement park sucks. The beach was closed becaused all the students are not back in school. save your money.

Savoy, Il
8 attraction reviews
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Finding a place close to home that would have something for a group of 8 ages 5 to 66 was a challenge. I had been to Indiana Beach 20 yrs ago and remember it as being a great time so I started reading the reviews. Some of them really started to scare me off, but there were some good ones too. After discusions with daughter and daughter-in-law we decided to give it a try.
First of all people it isn't DisneyWorld. I think some of the bad reviews might have been comparing it to other bigger more famous amusement parks. It's not spotless like Disney, but it wasn't bad. We all went on most of the rides and had a blast. We stayed overnight on the property and the waterpark was included with our room. The cost for riding all rides, all day for 8 people was $109.00. That is quite a bargin compared to other parks. I'd recommend this place to anyone who wanted a fun outing without breaking the bank! Also I liked the fact they employed alot of senior citizens. Every employee we encountered was friendly and had a smile. Way to go Indiana!!

Brookfield, IL
“Our visit to Indiana Beach Amusement Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The park is a reminder of the old-time amusement parks where you can spend the whole day with your family. It is VERY clean....the many rides are fun for all ages. They have 6 roller coasters, a large Ferris Wheel, many rides for youngsters, a paddle wheeler for a lake cruise (included in your day pass) and many, many games and restaurants scattered throughout the park. This was our first, but definitely NOT our last, visit !!

Springfield, Ohio
63 attraction reviews
“Out and About”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I, my grandson and my daughter visited Indiana Beach from August 9th to August 14, 2013. To be quite honest, after having read all of the negative comments about the resort, we came prepared for the worse. Upon our arrival, check-in went smoothly....no delay. We were staying in one of the suites, previously called the penthouse. The rooms, bedding, bathroom, everything was spotlessly clean. Sure the furniture was a bit common and there were no frills with the exception of an LCD TV in each room. I used my cell phone to make calls out and we were able to make use of the Wi-Fi across the street at the hotel when needed. The building we stayed ub was part of the history that makes Indiana Beach so inviting. The park was also spotless, no trash lying around and the public restrooms were clean and well stocked. Three rides were undergoing restoration and many were in need of a coat of paint. But Indiana Beach is not the high budget entertainment of a King's island or Cedar Point either. The rides were safe and fun. The Zip Line and the new three story rope course were super. Private food vendors such as Proto Pups, The Taco Shop, Roman's Pizza, and the Sky Room Restaurant featured great eats. Indiana Beach is a board walk (concrete) walkway lined with rides, games, and events such as Dr. Frankenstein's Haunted Castle. You can enter and walk around without paying a fee and pay by the ride or obtain an all day pass that includes the water park....the best deal. There are five roller coasters along with dozens of park rides dating back to the 1960s and 1970s. One reviewer called the park a glorified carnival, but I look at the park as being a pleasant trip back in time. We purchased a season pass, a heck of a deal for the five days that we stayed. There is a large selection of games and ways to win a prize or two or three. Best of all the prize to play ration is very high....in other words...it is difficult at many of the games not to win something. Cost per game averages $3 and the arcade (pinball, etc) type games average 50 cents per play not a buck or more like many park arcades. Just like a New Jersey board walk, there is a taffy and fudge shop, a couple of park stores, ice cream shops, and more. The water park area features three tube slides, one flat high speed slide. There is a long lazy river for drifters to float along. A real sand beach with cabanas available (rather pricey but a great value when you add up the benefits). I found the park employees to be friendly and willing to answer any questions. We loved the park and this is why I am giving it an excellent rating. You will too so long as you remember, it is a unique part of history, enjoy rides such as the scrambler, paratrooper, as well as a number of more modern rides such as double shot that hurdles you skyward at a fast speed, or the steel hawg coaster that drops straight down before turning upside down into a cork screw. If you are expecting a Seven Flags or Dolly World Experience and the high cost that go with them....don't come to Indiana Beach. The park has to be Indiana's best kept secrete. Located about 18 miles from Purdue University and IS-65.