“Great convention location, but renovation is needed at the hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gasthof Village Inn

Gasthof Village Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montgomery
Gasthof Village Inn
You added Gasthof Village Inn to your Saves list
6747 E Gasthof Village Rd, Montgomery, IN 47558   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Urbana, Illinois
“Great convention location, but renovation is needed at the hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just returned from our International tractor convention, which completely filled the rooms at the Gasthof Village Inn. With special group pricing, the Inn was moderately priced however, the tired beds need to be replaced along with new towels, new carpet, etc. The staff we worked with from the complex was more than accommodating regarding the convention hall which more than made up for any inconvenience experienced with the Inn's rooms. The convention center building was great and included a big cooler to keep drinks, etc., easily accessible for our group members. The maintenance staff helped hang banners, flags, etc. and was always willing to go the extra mile. The flea market, antique store and restaurant were easily visited by walkways from one end to the other. The restaurant served the usual Amish fare and all our group members enjoyed the large selection of dishes offered on the buffet nightly. We give it a thumbs up and only due to the Inn needing updated did my review reflect a lower number.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Culpeper, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you really need to be in the area it is ok.
REALLY needs some money to fix up the place.
It could be a wonderful place,nice area,lots of potential.just needs some TLC & MONEY.
Restaurant is good,people very friendly.Be hungry, so much to choose from,we had crab legs & shrimp on the buffet.
Motel was clean.
We stayed here about 15 years ago,it has really gone down hill.
If we were in area we would not stay unless it had had a complete overhall.I would be willing to pay more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Montgomery hotels

franklin,in
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The inn is very run down is in need of repair interior and exterior. The beds are not comfortable. Floors dirty. All and all just a run down dirty inn. Staff fairly nice. Location was good right in amish area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Valparaiso
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed at the Gasthof Village Inn on 8/13/2012. We have stayed there before but were surprised it has become so run down. The beds were terrible (very old) The furnisings were also very old. There was not a comfortable chair in the room.(two desk chairs)Watch out for the tile in the shower room,when its wet its like walking on ice.
The best part of the stay was eating at the Amish restaurant. The food was very good and the staff very friendly.
I would not stay at the hotel again untill its complety updated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The village inn needs to spruce up it's image. It needs to clean up the front door, move the ironing board to the closet, provide larger bars of soap, and generally fix and repair its lobby area. An ok hotel that has slowly slipped downward in the three times that I have stayed there. For the price 79.00 per night I guess you get what you pay for. The Village Inn is suppose to be part of an Amish theme park it is located out in the middle of Indiana farm country. It seems to be popular with retirees, and weekly guests.. Since there is little in the form of recreation around it could be a real gem. Just needs some work. Not sure if I will stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for the second floor