“in need of repair” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Gasthof Village Inn

Gasthof Village Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montgomery
Gasthof Village Inn
You added Gasthof Village Inn to your Saves list
6747 E Gasthof Village Rd, Montgomery, IN 47558   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Montgomery B&B and Inns
franklin,in
“in need of repair”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The inn is very run down is in need of repair interior and exterior. The beds are not comfortable. Floors dirty. All and all just a run down dirty inn. Staff fairly nice. Location was good right in amish area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Valparaiso
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed at the Gasthof Village Inn on 8/13/2012. We have stayed there before but were surprised it has become so run down. The beds were terrible (very old) The furnisings were also very old. There was not a comfortable chair in the room.(two desk chairs)Watch out for the tile in the shower room,when its wet its like walking on ice.
The best part of the stay was eating at the Amish restaurant. The food was very good and the staff very friendly.
I would not stay at the hotel again untill its complety updated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Montgomery hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The village inn needs to spruce up it's image. It needs to clean up the front door, move the ironing board to the closet, provide larger bars of soap, and generally fix and repair its lobby area. An ok hotel that has slowly slipped downward in the three times that I have stayed there. For the price 79.00 per night I guess you get what you pay for. The Village Inn is suppose to be part of an Amish theme park it is located out in the middle of Indiana farm country. It seems to be popular with retirees, and weekly guests.. Since there is little in the form of recreation around it could be a real gem. Just needs some work. Not sure if I will stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for the second floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was visiting family in a town so small they did not have any hotel, and the Gasthof was about the closest I could find. I had visited the restaurant, and the food was delicious, would recommend it again to everyone. The hotel though was not nice at all. The beds were very old style, could feel the springs coming through. The sheets were so worn out I thought they might tear. The carpet was very worn too. The TV was also very old and the picture would blink out every so often. The walls must be very thin, because I could hear the man next door's TV so loud I could make out what show he was watching. Even worse, he talked in his sleep and I could hear that too, and it woke me up. I also was awakened at 5 am by hearing his alarm clock! I checked in on a Sunday and was very disappointed because the restaurant and shops were all closed, and there was no where for me to eat except to drive to Loogootee. I get that small towns close up early and that Sunday is an observed religious day, but please offer something for the traveler to eat if you advertise a full service restaurant. Same thing for the morning, the restaurant was closed. They offer a continental breakfast at the hotel, and the only plus to my stay was I got to have the restaurant's delicious homemade bread; otherwise the breakfast was very so-so. This place could be much nicer as the location is so pretty, but it just cries out for a huge update...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The area has a shortage of hotels I tend to use. So I explored down to Gastof. For me a great location. yes, there is a landfill nearby, but no smell and plenty of other visuals to see. Restaurant next door a great deal. Buffet. Good service at the hotel. Clean rooms. Good wifi (I say that as I had worried Amish hotel might not have it). Reasonable breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

This place was clean, welcoming and sat on acres of land. Building looks like an old Days Inn. Some things to do on site during the summer were a flea market held during the week and 2 free-standing stores on site. One is full of crafts, giftware, cutesy stuff and the other had some beautiful antiques. Well priced I may say too. The restaurant food is buffet. It is fresh and good, but the fare didn't change much. Fun store will quilts and old-time candy in waiting area. Carriage rides on weekends. Short trip, is free, but we tipped our Amish driver. I have stayed there 3 times for an extended period as my husband was working in the area. I felt very safe being on their ground and walking around by myself. Pool is great, clean, private but so small. If you get a couple of loud people in it, you can't avoid them.

Room Tip: smoking floor is on third floor. Don't use the stair case if you don't want to smell the smo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We have been here at the Gasthof since the 7th of July. Everything I thought the hotel and restaurant would be has been. It is wonderful. The room we have is exceptionally clean, inexpensive with so many amenities. We have traveled around the estate and visited the shops and the restaurant. The food is excellent. We are going back tonight for supper. We had lunch a couple days ago. The breakfast/continental style is great.. I personally love the Cinnamon bun breads (not sure if that is what it is called) is great. I can't say one negative thing about the Gasthof Village. Hope to come back again in the fall.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Gasthof Village Inn? Share your experiences!