“not a nice place to stay at all” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Gasthof Village Inn

Gasthof Village Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montgomery
Gasthof Village Inn
You added Gasthof Village Inn to your Saves list
6747 E Gasthof Village Rd, Montgomery, IN 47558   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“not a nice place to stay at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was visiting family in a town so small they did not have any hotel, and the Gasthof was about the closest I could find. I had visited the restaurant, and the food was delicious, would recommend it again to everyone. The hotel though was not nice at all. The beds were very old style, could feel the springs coming through. The sheets were so worn out I thought they might tear. The carpet was very worn too. The TV was also very old and the picture would blink out every so often. The walls must be very thin, because I could hear the man next door's TV so loud I could make out what show he was watching. Even worse, he talked in his sleep and I could hear that too, and it woke me up. I also was awakened at 5 am by hearing his alarm clock! I checked in on a Sunday and was very disappointed because the restaurant and shops were all closed, and there was no where for me to eat except to drive to Loogootee. I get that small towns close up early and that Sunday is an observed religious day, but please offer something for the traveler to eat if you advertise a full service restaurant. Same thing for the morning, the restaurant was closed. They offer a continental breakfast at the hotel, and the only plus to my stay was I got to have the restaurant's delicious homemade bread; otherwise the breakfast was very so-so. This place could be much nicer as the location is so pretty, but it just cries out for a huge update...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The area has a shortage of hotels I tend to use. So I explored down to Gastof. For me a great location. yes, there is a landfill nearby, but no smell and plenty of other visuals to see. Restaurant next door a great deal. Buffet. Good service at the hotel. Clean rooms. Good wifi (I say that as I had worried Amish hotel might not have it). Reasonable breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

This place was clean, welcoming and sat on acres of land. Building looks like an old Days Inn. Some things to do on site during the summer were a flea market held during the week and 2 free-standing stores on site. One is full of crafts, giftware, cutesy stuff and the other had some beautiful antiques. Well priced I may say too. The restaurant food is buffet. It is fresh and good, but the fare didn't change much. Fun store will quilts and old-time candy in waiting area. Carriage rides on weekends. Short trip, is free, but we tipped our Amish driver. I have stayed there 3 times for an extended period as my husband was working in the area. I felt very safe being on their ground and walking around by myself. Pool is great, clean, private but so small. If you get a couple of loud people in it, you can't avoid them.

Room Tip: smoking floor is on third floor. Don't use the stair case if you don't want to smell the smo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We have been here at the Gasthof since the 7th of July. Everything I thought the hotel and restaurant would be has been. It is wonderful. The room we have is exceptionally clean, inexpensive with so many amenities. We have traveled around the estate and visited the shops and the restaurant. The food is excellent. We are going back tonight for supper. We had lunch a couple days ago. The breakfast/continental style is great.. I personally love the Cinnamon bun breads (not sure if that is what it is called) is great. I can't say one negative thing about the Gasthof Village. Hope to come back again in the fall.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

This property is a nice relaxed motel and is at the end of the village road so it is quiet to say the least. A small breakfast is offered that included sweet bread items from the bakery on the grounds. It had other items as well and is appreciated due to the remote location. The place is not surprisingly very clean and well-kept. I had a problem in the night with the window air conditioner doing something resembling the Chinese water torture and I was quickly relocated to another room. I recommend this for folks wanting a departure from the busy areas around most motels and as a part of an experience that includes other interesting things due to the Amish connection. The only thing disappointing was the detached attitude of the lady who checked me in as I had to wait while she finished her call to a business supplying things to them and did not even make eye contact to let me know she knew I was there. Needless to say, she was not Amish. This is minor, of course.

• Liked — The bucolic atmosphere of the village.
  • Disliked — The detached attittude of the desk clerk.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Gasthof Village Inn? Share your experiences!