“I had a peaceful and quiet stay. It was a comfortable...” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel Mishawaka / South Bend Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   535 University Drive, Mishawaka, IN 46545   |
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Mishawaka

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Anderson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was there to take a test required for my profession and the hotel was cleaner than I expected it would be for the price. I was looking to save money and be close to the testing site when I booked the stay. However, I was very happy to find a clean room with a refrigerator in it. The bathroom had NO mold in the shower and it was great. The desk attendant was very helpful and with the forecasted weather at home, I needed to check availability for the nest night and she was helpful with checking that. Great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Montgomery, Il.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed a few weeks here while working out of town. rooms are clean, ok beds, but they really do not keep the place up. Had a storm a few weeks ago and it severely damaged siding, they make no attempt to repair just like rest of place. After staying here I understand why there were never many cars in parking lot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MINNEAPOLIS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The staff at the desk was great, the two gals who greeted were a hoot. I had a blast with their humor. room was good. remember people this was a $65 room. If you want the double tree then pay for it. only complaint is there is no shampoo in the rooms. I didnt bring any.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel appears to be clean and kept up until you look closer, we were on ground level, 1 king bed, the mattress hard, cheap and uncomfortable with a flimsy dirty mattress pad, old flat pillows and thin worn sheets. The toilet was hard to flush. The window didn't close tight at the top you could see past leakage on the sill. After turning on the Heat/Ac unit I soon got sinus congestion/headache and had an asthma attack. Investigation of the units filters reveled they were heavliy clogged with dust/debris,so we turned it off, but after 4.5 hrs the stagnate air became unbearable,. We packed up and took the filter to the front desk and checked out, manage was not on site so I made sure they had my name and # as we were still charged for the entier night, another room had been offered but I was still having health issue in there hotel so we declined. Upon leaving we noticed a blue tarp covering something on the ground under our window Rm.109 and mildew spots on the exterior of many AC/ heat units on that side of the building. It was 11:50 pm so we checked into another hotel nearby. We have reciever no contact what so ever from management indicating they care about customer satisfaction, having worked in the service industry for many years I am stunned that I have not even recieved a phone call of agology. We had staywith them 3 weeks prior on the Northeast side of the building and thought it to be acceptable. Of lesser importance, we could hear people talking (ever word they said) as if they where standing in the room, but couldn't tell if they were in the hall, outside or the next room. This was my 17th night stay in a chain hotel in the past 9 wks, ranging from very well kept to ill kept but the first to produce serious health issues and the only one that didn't care about me as a satisfied consumer. Coincidentaly the only one I paid in cash. Hmm?

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay, Check the bedding, the filters in the Ac/Heat unit and flush the...