You added Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4715 North Main Street, Mishawaka, IN 46545 (Formerly StudioPLUS Deluxe Studios)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Mishawaka
Ohio
“Overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is an excellent stay for one night. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. It is basic but more than adequate. Not the level of the Courtyard next door; however, 50% of the price ($52 versus $110+)per night. Bring shampoo as it is not provided. Breakfast in the lobby is very basic (Grab and Leave) but full breakfasts are available nearby. The bed is very comfortable and the linens are more that adequate. My room, 306, was quiet as was the hallway. I only stayed 8 hours so I really didn't have much of a chance to review the entire hotel. If you have a chance to select a room, choose the odd numbers as they are on the opposite side to the highway and less noisy. Coffee in the lobby is good; not much of a choice but free. Easy to find and a decent neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such terrific things about our service. I am proud of our team for taking care of your needs and glad to hear that you had a great stay overall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Qingdao
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Indiana is not LA. It was 1st time for me to visit South Bend, Indiana & there was heavy downpour with strong winds.

It ain't fun driving at night in a rainstorm

not having someone at Extended Stay America hotel Mishawaka pick up the phone after 11 pm was highly irritating.

I could not call to check for directions

apparently, the hotel is some distance away from highway exit 77

also, there are two ESA hotels along the same road in MIshawaka, Indiana

Welfare Housing is but an understatement

I would just book a hotel by phone & not pay by credit card & just play by ear, in future

the room is same size as that in ESA hotel Carson, CA

as I mentioned, the room at ESA Gardena, CA along Vermont Ave is HALF that of other ESA hotels that I have stayed

I would only book ESA as a last resort & would not want to pay more than $40 per nite

Room Tip: when you book ESA Mishawaka, be aware that there are 2 ESA hotels along the same road in Mishawaka...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The situation you described regarding our failure to answer the phone after hours is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will double check our phones and the systems we have in place for after hour calls to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at rdawson@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I received a $10 discount off the price of my stay, via online and I used that discount towards my room stay. When I arrived at check in, I planned to pay cash at the discounted amount. There were two guest representatives by the counter, one leaving and one coming in for a shift. The representative that was just getting there told me that they had to charge me the full amount and I would receive a credit to my credit card for the discounted amount after my stay. Which normally can take 5- 7 business days depending on my credit card company. This would of been nice to know before hand, that I had to pay the full amount. I came expecting to pay the discounted amount and only had cash in hand for the discounted amount. Both reps told this is the process. So after my stay, I checked my bank account and I was charged twice in the amount of $10.00. From speaking with the bank representative. They charged me $10 and then refunded me $10. And then they charged me $10 again after the stay. I called once I seen my online banking account charges and spoke to a nice guy who said they would refund apologized for the inconvenience. The day after, My bank charged me an over draft fee because of the two charges. So I called and spoke with a representative by the name of melody who was kind of rude and insisted they only charged me once. I didn't want to argue about it, because I know what I seen in my bank account. She transferred me over to her manager who stated the same thing, I was only charged once. I had a bank representative to call the manager to tell her that I was charged twice. And I was refunded for one charge the next day. Altogether after going back and forth I was able to get the charges taken care of, but I feel the management was sort of rude and defensive. I do know I called back again to speak with the manager, and Melody stated she was not in. This was 15 minutes after I just finished speaking with her. So Melody took a message and told me she would have her supervisor call me back. I want to say her name was Sara. Well she never returned my phone call to at least apologize and say that they took care of the charges.

Room Tip: Make sure you are aware of the billing process, when a discount is being used.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the confusion with using an online promotional discount at our hotel as well as the subsequent issues with my staff members as a result, is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. These promotions are applied upon check-out because they are subject to length of stay restrictions that can occasionally increase or decrease their value. That being said, we should have handled your situation a little bit better and will be working to improve our handling of these issues in the future.

Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will train our staff members to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at rdawson@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This has to be the loudest hotel I've ever stayed at. We got in late (around 10:30pm) and just wanted to take a shower and go to bed. We jumped in the shower, and immediately found the tub is made of hard plastic that creaks with every move you make. After getting out of the shower, we "explored" the room a little, and found the stained sofa and carpeting (oh yeah, I forgot to mention we are in the dreaded room 205 like the last reviewer). It looks like the moldy dish rack was cleaned, but we found plenty of mold on the shower head (the white shower head has turned dark black over time).

We woke up the first time around 4:30am, when the doors started slamming. I'm not sure if it was someone checking out, but a door slammed about 4-5 times. We fell back asleep, and were awoken around 7:00am, this time by someone taking a shower. Numerous noises here...pipes and walls ticking, and again, a loud creaking every time they moved in the shower.

The breakfast was average - coffee, oatmeal, muffins, fruit, and oatmeal bars. It's something to get the grumble out of your stomach, but not quite a continental breakfast.

If you are looking for a bed, a door with a lock, and you can sleep through everything, then save yourself some money and stay here. Otherwise, find a different hotel in the area and give them a shot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that not only did you find our hotel noisy, but that your room was not what you had hoped it would be. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to take this room out of service until the issues you have reported are addressed, so that no one has the same experience you reported.

I appreciate that you brought these issues to my attention. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at rdawson@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The discounted price was very good. And plenty of restaurants, stores in the area. I original booked a studio room, got #205, The carpet was stained, the upholstered armchair had stains and the dishtowel was dirty with food. The dishrack was moldy. And the room smelt moldy. Not fun after a 14 hour drive from NYC! It was late when I checked in 11:30 pm and only one young girl at the front desk. So I waited until the morning to voice my complaints. Management profusely apologized (new management, changing out decor of old rooms, etc) they upgrade me to a junior studio (Room 111) and it was like night and day! Beautiful, clean room, lots of space. only problem window face hot tub out door and workers outside my window, have to keep the curtains closed. I was happy with the upgrade and change and the staff was very nice, friendly and accomodating. But management should check all the rooms and put the ones that are not updated on a "do not use list" so customers are not put off at their initial check in. I would probably stay at another hotel next time I am in the area so as not to have the hassle of changing rooms, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your comments in regards to the way your issue was resolved are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that we gave you an unsatisfactory room in the first place. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being trained on better cleaning techniques, and I recently ordered some new items to bring that room up to standard.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rdawson@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
New Castle, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed one night at Extended Stay America in February with a rather large group from Purdue. The staff was prepared for our arrival and seemed friendly enough, although I didn't really interact with any of them too much. Except to find out if the rumors about a hot tub were true. And they weren't - no hot tubs to be found. We stayed four people to a 2 (full size) bed room, but the room was clean and bigger than I expected. The wallpaper looked terrible...but I mean, that's nothing I haven't experienced before. The free breakfast didn't offer a lot of variety, but hey, it was free. I would stay again, but probably only if the other hotels were booked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that our facility didn't exceed your expectations. Please accept my apologies. This property does have a hot tub, but it is outdoors so closed for the season. To prevent this type of annoyance in the future, I will take a look at the verbage provided on our web site; and coach my team on being more detailed when explaining the amenities we offer in the future. The Grab and Go breakfast feature is new to our brand, so I appreciate your candor in reporting the lack of choices and will channel it up to my superiors. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I am always thankful to read constructive comments from valued guests. I do sincerely hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other Extended Stay Hotels locations in the future.
Taylorsville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have staying here over a long period and the rooms are always clean, the staff is extremely helpful. The qualiity of service is great and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is great with easy access to everything. I plan on continue staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an awesome review. I'm so pleased to hear that your service was worthy of taking the time to make these comments. We take your comments to heart and strive to be a great lodging value for those who come to our community. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us as we know you had choices other than the Extended Stay America. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South? Share your experiences!