“Best Western is making a come back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Mishawaka Inn

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Mishawaka Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mishawaka Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   445 University Drive, Mishawaka, IN 46545 (Formerly Hampton Inn South Bend/Mishawaka)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Mishawaka
Carmel, Indiana
“Best Western is making a come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was a Hampton and I had stayed there many times. Now it is a Best Western, very confusing at first. The Best Western brand is making a huge improvement. The room was clean and nicely decorated, the check-in staff was friendly and nice and even the housekeeping staff passing in the hall had a smile and a warm greeting.
Breakfast was the typical larger hotel breakfast with a lot of selections. I ate at the end of the breakfast hour, but the staff wasn't rushing me out. I enjoy the waffles at these places and had a piece of sausage that was very good.
There is a large indoor pool that I've seen families enjoying in the past. It makes it nice for families traveling with children and others who enjoy swimming.
The television was a large flat screen with a good picture. The best part is a refrigerator and a microwave. I'm always happy to have those luxury items.
Parking was close and easy. The price was right, too. Great value for the price. Of course, it was a weeknight at the beginning of the week. I'm sure it's more expensive on weekends of Notre Dame games. Go Irish!
I recommend this hotel and will be staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: The view on the east side of the hotel is a Menard's lumber yard and the west side overlooks the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mishawaka Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear CarmelKinesic,
Thank you so much for the kind words, they will get passed on to our entire staff. They take such pride in their work, and comments like this make their day. I am also glad that you liked our facility and amenities. Every room we have has a refrigerator and microwave as you mentioned, along with a new flat screen television. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Mishawaka/South Bend area!

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Berwyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a wonderful three days at this hotel, primarily because of the manager, Connie. She was friendly, knowledgeable and has great common sense. She also knows the area very well and was able to direct us to a very nice restaurant for dinner. She also runs the place very well. The rooms are really clean, and the housekeeping staff is very friendly.

She also did something I've never seen at a hotel before. She came through the breakfast room, greeted the guests and checked to see that everything was in good shape.

This was an extraordinarily good hotel stay.

Room Tip: We were in 201 -- although facing Menard's, it was very quiet. Also, the windows opened -- a rea...
Fort Wayne, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am so lucky to have found a great hotel, with a great price, and a superior staff. The rooms smell good and clean. The staff is excellent to talk to. They will actually go over and beyond the call of duty to make you feel more comfortable. I actually REFUSE to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Johnny C,
We love to hear great comments like this one! I will definitely share it with my staff. We are very happy to be the only hotel you stay at when in the area. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!!

Kind regards,
Barrie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Let me start with the good stuff. Great check in and arrival was smooth. House is clean as is the room. No odor anywhere. Clean hallways and well maintained outside. Breakfast was what you would expect and the breakfast area was clean and not overly busy for the four days we were there. First full day of exploring South Bend was good and we returned to find the towels were changed but the bed was not made up. Now we don't expect fresh sheets every day or even at any time during a three night stay but we do expect the bed to be made up. We checked in with the desk as we left for our afternoon travels and the bed was done up. The next day it was done but there was no new coffee or any of that stuff that should be topped up every day. The third day, no bed made and just garbage removed. No coffee or bed made. We had decided to leave a day early as our return home was going to be long and we chose to stay in Port Huron to break the trip up. my wife had had enough and the night before check out had a chat with the new manager Amy. She explained that a staff member was fired (I have heard this before, elsewhere) and was very generous with the compensation. I didn't go down because I am less patient. This was a supervisory and training issue in my mind and I hope the new manager has things well in hand now. We would recommend this hotel as it's a nice place to stay, but I do hope they have their staffing issues dealt with.

Room Tip: Check Trip Advisor before you book to see if the issues are fixed. IF they are then get into this ho...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mishawaka Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Formathe,
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Plus Mishawaka. I'm glad that your check in was smooth and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I'm very sorry about the problems you had with housekeeping. I have already addressed your concerns to ensure that future guests do not have the same issues. I hope the next time you are in the area you will give us another chance to show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Connie H.
Mishawaka, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I visited my boyfriend in Notre Dame and the Best Western in Mishawaka was located about ten minutes from the college. The location was very convenient, and there are many restaurants that you can go to nearby. We stayed for three days and two nights in a king size suite. The staff were very accommodating and even allowed us to do a late check out on Sunday afternoon for free. Our room was extremely clean, comfortable and the décor was very appealing. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the South Bend/Notre Dame/Mishawaka area!

Dear Elizabeth M,
Thank you for such a kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn, and that the location was so convenient for you! I will pass on all your kind words to our staff. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to the Notre Dame campus. Go Irish!

Warm thanks,
St. Cloud, MN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I were traveling late and did not have a reservation for the night. We had picked up a coupon book from a rest area and used it to find a room. The Best Western was advertised as newly remodeled so we chose this one. It was a pleasant surprise. The room was clean and fresh, the staff were great, and the price was within our budget. The staff helped us find a restaurant for dinner. The hot breakfast in the morning was terrific, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We made a last minute reservation at this motel in Mishawaka. It is easy to access from Exit 83 of the Indiana Toll Road. Parking is free and the area appears to be relatively new and safe. It is just down the street from the University Park Mall and a short drive from the Notre Dame campus. The front desk staff was very helpful and explained everything we needed to know. It is a three level building with an indoor pool and hot tub on the first level. The pool is open late for adults only. The staff advised us that the motel underwent a complete renovation in January 2013. Our room was virtually new. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the room was quiet with soft colors and lighting. We had a refrigerator, microwave oven and an LG flat screen television. They include internet access at no charge. The only (minor) disconnect given the high quality of the motel was the mediocre quality of the included breakfast. The eggs and meat were of poor quality, but the fruit, yogurt and coffee were great.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the building may be quieter as the rear of the building faces a busy Menna...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Mishawaka Inn? Share your experiences!