“Wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Mishawaka
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The people who work here are so very nice and helpful. We stayed here for a death in the family. They accommodated all of my family arriving at different times and leaving at different times. We were all so grateful for their thoughtfulness. I will stay here again when in town. The rooms are super clean and the food is just excellent.

Stayed April 2014
Gyorgy B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding staff and the new rooms. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a few years back and wasn't thrilled with the hotel. I couldn't get into the first choice so I booked here and am happy I did. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The makeover since the last visit is outstanding. The location puts you close to ND and plenty of restaurants so there is no complaint there. I will stay again when I get back to South Bend

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are happy that you gave us another chance and that your enjoyed the renovated hotel. We are excited to hear you'll stay with us again during your next trip.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is a typical Courtyard, and the staff was great. One of the things that was very nice was that the color scheme is different than any other Courtyard I have been at (and I'm at Courtyards every week!!), and the greys they use feel much more modern and updated. While I am not really a fan of grey, this was well done. I suspect the carpets will not stand up to the test of time, and will show a lot of stains, it was a really nice change. Also, this Courtyard has the elevator right by where you check in - love that!! The typical Courtyard has the elevator in a very odd place - there is usually only one, halfway down a guest room hall, and there is a ton of walking. That is not the case here, and is much appreciated considering I usually have several things to bring in. it is close to several restaurants, and one of the better places to stay in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Gyorgy B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your business and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Based on your comments your stay was enjoyable, however the ratings don't necessarily show that. If there was anything we could have done better we would like to know about it, so we could improve. Again thank you for your loyalty to the Courtayrd Brand. Sincerely, Gyorgy Baumann General Manager
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This Marriott has been completely renovated per the nice young lady that checked me in Sunday night. The Lobby while almost identical to other CbMs, just seemed fresher. My room was nice, very similar to all other like properties. I would say the noise level with my road facing room was a little louder than I expected, but it didn't keep me awake. If you are traveling with a family, I would say three to four (two adults, rest kids) could easily make do in a double bed room. I would definitely stay here again. Great location for anything you are doing in the SB/Misha area. I have to compliment the staff on Sunday evening and Monday morning. They were extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I had a third floor room not far from elevator, but right next to ice machine. If they had been ful...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the kind feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to having you back!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

You can't go wrong with the Courtyard in Mishawaka. The staff is top notch ... from the front desk, housekeeping, and the Bistro! A recent remodel has resulted in beautiful and comfortable rooms. No issues during any of my recent stays.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed the newly remodeled rooms!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

In the past few months, I've overnighted at least twice a month at this hotel and have enjoyed my stay every time. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean and many restaurants nearby for a nice sit-down dinner or quick pick up. I definitely recommend this hotel. Great job guys!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gyorgy B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It is always a pleasure having you staying with us. See you soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Was here for three nights . The hotel itself was ok .The coffee maker in the room did not work , they did replace it . I booked a room with breakfast . I am glad it was included with the room rate the quality of the food was not there and the price was expensive. They don't change the bedding unless you request it on a daily basic. When returning to the area I will probably look at other hotels in the area to try .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Gyorgy B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard in Mishawaka. First let me apologize for the coffee maker not working for you and I am glad the staff replaced it for you. Regarding changing the sheets, we would be glad to do that daily for any guest per request. Our standard is not to change sheets daily as we are trying to be cautious to the environment. We would like you to give us another try while you are in the area and we would certainly make sure to change sheets for you every day during your stay. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott. We truly appreciate your business.
Gyorgy Baumann

Been to Courtyard by Marriott South Bend Mishawaka? Share your experiences!