“Clean room--could make some improvements” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Mishawaka
McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania
“Clean room--could make some improvements”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for three evenings. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. However, this hotel needs to invest some money in replacing the carpets in the rooms that were once smoking rooms and are now designated as non-smoking. The room that I stayed in (227) smelled of old smoke. It did not make for the most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
valpograd86, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Mishawaka, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Thank you for your review. We do not make smoking rooms into non smoking rooms. Chances are, someone smoked in the room previously even though they were not supposed to. We have cleaned the room from top to bottom so hopefully another guest won't have the same issue. Thank you for letting us know!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was out in Mishawaka for a baseball tournament at Notre Dame. I hadn't picked the hotel so I hadn't seen it prior to my family and I getting there. It has a good location with easy access to the highway, stores (Target, Sam's, Walmart, etc.), and Notre Dame. It was only $80 a night for king room with a pullout sofa so it wasn't a bad value. I wasn't too fond of the bed. It wasn't comfortable at all. There were old TVs and the bathroom had some mold in the shower. The windows didn't keep much of the sound out from the two busy streets and intersection out front of it. The breakfast was your basic breakfast and it is what you expect, so I can't complain. The hotel does have an indoor pool which from what I saw seemed very clean and nice. One thing that truly surprised me was there was no elevator at the hotel. It is only a two story hotel but if you are on the second floor it could make for an annoying trip up the stairs with your luggage. Overall I'm not a fan of the hotel and I doubt I'll ever be staying in a Country Inn again, but it did serve its purpose and everything worked out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review. We take your concerns very seriously. We are independently owned and operated so if you stay at another Country Inn and Suites, it might be completely different. Overall, for the price, we believe it is a great chain. Most of them have elevators. We hope that if you return to Mishawaka, you will stay with us again.
Manistee, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Clean and comfortable. Helpful and friendly staff. Good breakfast. Nice location

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Tunkhannock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Traveling with a pet limits places to stay... Tried Country Inn and Suites and was very pleased.. This hotel was very clean and well kept... Would stay again..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This was my first visit here and it was great! Good Service and a great night of sleep.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Springboro, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Great location for business travel. Food options are abundant. Close proximity to distractions (movie theater & mall). Staff is friendly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Granger, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I book all the hotels for our travelling employees. I have chosen the Country Inn and Suites in Mishawaka, b/c it's great for my people (some have asked me to be sure I actually put them there again when they make a return trip), and it's a great value for our company. They get a pleasant, comfortable place to stay with a good breakfast included and the company stays within our budget with a price that is extremely fair. I have had positive comments on the level of cleanliness from one of my more picky travellers.
I have also received unsolicited comments about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. It matters to me, b/c I care about my people.
As the one making the reservations, I have had responsive service every time I have needed to call for any reason.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Mishawaka? Share your experiences!