“Met my expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - North

You added Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - North
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Mishawaka
Madison, Alabama
“Met my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had to spend 8 nights here taking care of some family business, and was very happy with my experience. I was dreading an "extended stay" hotel but this place was clean (yes the elevator was loud and slow...I took the stairs), the bed was comfortable, the local area was safe (as a female traveling alone). The grab and go breakfast was just what I needed each morning. I am making plans to stay here again in the fall to finalize the family issues I'm taking care of.

Room Tip: First floor is loud and lots of activity going on. I stayed on the second floor and the ONLY compla...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was on the first floor, so didn't experience the elevator, but my room was clean, everything worked properly, and we had a wonderful stay! I felt safe here too. It was a little different having to go to the front desk to get a coffee maker and TP, but the front desk was right there for everything we needed. And it was nice to know what I was getting was clean, so I didn't mind goint to the front desk!! It was a 'cheer' weekend (with a bunch of cheerleaders and twirlers) and I never heard a thing! Bed was very firm too. I'd highly recommend THIS place....be careful. There is a different hotel with the same name...I did not stay there! P.S. VERY dog friendly but not a lot of grass.

Room Tip: You can't beat the price if you want a clean, quiet place to stay!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Florissant
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The best part was that the front desk girl was polite and cheerful.

The elevator is grindy and slow.

Our room had chicken bones in front of the fridge. The fridge also leaked water all over our food.
Every door knob, handle, light switch and the remote were sticky. I spent an hour cleaning it all. The hot water faucet actually had food stuck to it. The walls by the table were splattered with something, so I scrubbed them too.

The bed was hard, with rough sheets and a hard pillow. The towels were also rough and thin.

No info on TV channels, and when I called front desk they had no idea.

We did not leave or complain because we were in town for a short time and did not want to wait for management to come in and clean. Usually cleaning after a complaint is slow and inefficient anyway.

Very disappointed in the hotel and in booking dot com, where we got the original booking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

When we arrived at 2130 hrs, we were greeted at the front desk by Natalie and she checked us in very quickly. We boarded the elevator, which sounded grindy as we ascended to our room. Once inside the room, it was clean and met my expectations. A look into the bathroom showed a clean, but tired facility. It is time for a tub and toilet update. Speaking of toilet, it was a gusty little loo. When you flushed it had a lot of power behind it. However, when you took a shower, it was a little lack luster as I am sure it had a flow restrictor or conservation head on it. It was adequate but not a massager type of flow. As a heads up, check your kitchen needs right away as we had to go back down a few times to get utensils, pans, cups, bowls, colander, dish towels, soap, glasses, coffee maker, etc. The three women with me found the room too cold to their liking, so you may have to make adjustments like low cool and turn the controller to the blue/red line to get a moderate cool. Wi-Fi worked according to my one daughter. Bedding was clean and the spread and ruffles looked recently cleaned. Bed was a bit small for the wife and I, but what do you expect for a double. I would liked to have been able to book two queen sized beds, but they are not offered. Bed was adequate but not the most comfortable for a big guy like me. Place was heavily booked as the parking lot was pretty much full and Natalie was not sure as to why so many people were in town. We came here for a celebration of life memorial.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was so disappointed on arrival to the hotel it seemed like a big smoke party! In the front entrance way my family and I checked in late around 11 pm and it was 10 people outside in front of the door puffing cigarettes and when you have small children that's very disturbing!!! Then when we checked in the staff was friendly got us checked in and to our room but when I got to the room and opened up the door the disappointment really set in!! This is the equivalent of a motel cheap looking nothing plush at all! I mean the kitchen area was nice but no utensils cups ect. The rooms were just plain somewhere to sleep nothing relaxing ( glad we wouldn't be there during the day) then never did housekeeping come the entire 3 days we spent there! I called for beds to be changed and we were told no linens changed if your not staying longer than 7 days!!!! I've never heard that before!!! Wow!!! Then I asked for clean towels to be brought to my room and I was told I had to ring all the dirty towels to front desk and exchange them for new one!!!! I. Like what??? Are you serious?!?!?! I had young children with me so really didn't want to walk to do that! This was just a bed to sleep in while we were there for our family reunion !! I'd never give another extended sat hotel my money!!! Oh and no pool!!! Never again!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Nice view of the outside and spacious rooms. Love the kitchen little part. Would prefer they had a swimming pool and more activities for children. Overall they stay was for only a weekend,I would go here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - North, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Josie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room, especially the kitchen, and the amenities our hotel had to offer. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Clean both times other then elevator, (something sticky,) and carpet on second floor. I have stayed twice now for work once on first floor and once on second floor. Liked first floor better. There is a no smoking law in IN so I did not smell any smoke as others have said. The young lady on my first stay was very informative, answering all my questions. The kitchen was functional. Plenty of towels etc. You need to bring your own hair dryer. It was very quiet both times except for a short period of time when an elephant was walking across the floor above my head. Not long honest. Slept great. Bed was my kind of firm! Air/heat worked fine. My needs were simple.

Room Tip: I liked first floor better but that is a personal thing. No reason as both rooms were clean.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - North, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing you with a clean and comfortable home away from home. I apologize for the lack of cleanliness of the elevator, we are having the elevator cleaned to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am pleased you found our full kitchens to be an added value and that we provided you with a great experience at our hotel.

Been to Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - North? Share your experiences!