“Nice classy dining.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 174 Restaurants in Mishawaka
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 2010 Corndance Tavern presents classic tastes of the Midwest with metropolitan sophistication. Our highly trained staff strive to provide a truly memorable dining experience; professional service, fresh local food presented in a dynamic fashion, and the perfect beverage make your Corndance experience one to remember! Our steaks are dry aged and cut in-house, using midwestern beef fed on grain and grass with no steroids or hormones. We buy produce from local farms, including year-round indoor farming operations in southern Michigan. Our seafood comes straight from the Great Lakes, and what we cannot get locally, we get flown in from around the United States every day. Our wine list is composed of new-world wines from the Americas. You will not find microwaves and frozen food at Corndance--just fresh, local food, inspired by the seasons.
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Nice classy dining.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is very good but this is not generally my style of restaurant. Too pretentious for my tastes. If you are looking to impress someone on business or on a first date this may be a good choice for dinner.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mishawaka, Indiana
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been coming here for the last few years and have never had a bad meal. Corndance is the only place in town other then Main Street Grill that I feel I can order anything off the menu even if it is something I normally wouldn't eat and love it. The staff is always attentive and helpful in explaining anything that you might be interested in. If you are looking for a higher end restaurant in town that you are going to get a great meal this is the place.

This visit I went with one other person and we split everything we ordered.

Fried Alligator small plate - The best thing I had that night. The Alligator was crisp and the barley-bacon risotto was phenomenal.

Wakarusa Caprese saled - Everything was fresh and tasty.

Lobster Roll - Not something I would normally order but decided to give it a try. The lobster was perfectly fried with a large portion size. The slaw was not as creamy as I would normally like but still good. Not a huge fan of chips but they were good as well.

Corn Crusted Halibut - I normally do not like fish I never order it but this was probably the best fish I had ever had. It had a perfect crust and sauce to go with it.

• Visited March 2014
Edwardsville, IL
“Weird name, great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We were in town for one night and thought a local tavern with great reviews would be a good pick. This is not a tavern, but actually what I would call fine dining. The prices were steep, but the service and the food were fantastic.

• Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice casual dinner. Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Good food, good service, pleasant atmosphere. Would say moderately expensive but worth it. Fairly casual, not a dressy special occasion place but very good nevertheless. Interesting menu, have some bison dishes and other meat selections but also fish and vegi selections. Check out their website. Will definitely return.

• Visited April 2014
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Best restaurant within a 50 or 60 radius. Food was excellent and service was the best I had of any restaurant anywhere. Definitely do not pass this place up if you 're in the area. You will be totally satisfied!