“Nice variety - specials go fast! mixed results” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 169 Restaurants in Mishawaka
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Established in 2010 Corndance Tavern presents classic tastes of the Midwest with metropolitan sophistication. Our highly trained staff strive to provide a truly memorable dining experience; professional service, fresh local food presented in a dynamic fashion, and the perfect beverage make your Corndance experience one to remember! Our steaks are dry aged and cut in-house, using midwestern beef fed on grain and grass with no steroids or hormones. We buy produce from local farms, including year-round indoor farming operations in southern Michigan. Our seafood comes straight from the Great Lakes, and what we cannot get locally, we get flown in from around the United States every day. Our wine list is composed of new-world wines from the Americas. You will not find microwaves and frozen food at Corndance--just fresh, local food, inspired by the seasons.
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Nice variety - specials go fast! mixed results”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We went to the Corndance initially on a week night. They offer a a wide variety to choose from. We went for a casual dinner and ended up being talked into the special ... which turned out to be wonderful. We like it so much we returned the next week with friends ... what a difference on the weekend ... despite having a reservation we waited quite a long time. When we were finally seated it took for ever to get the server to take our order - when he did most of what we came for was already no longer available. What we did end up having was just ok. So We concluded weekends are extremely busy - go early so you can take advantage of the specials.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Worth, Texas
“Local food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Locally grown food with a twist. Excellent. Need reservations even during the week.

Visited February 2012
Naples, Florida
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I had the pleasure to eat here on a recent trip to Mishawaka. The Chef/Owner specializes in utilizing locally grown and raised food for most to not all of his dishes. The bar staff was extremely friendly and I felt like a long time customer and local after my first visit. I look forward to my next visit to the Corndance.

Visited April 2012
“Excellent Farm-to-Table restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The name is a bit bizarre, and it is unusual for a Tavern to close at 10 pm on a weekend, but overall this is an excellent dining choice while in the South Bend/Mishawaka area. The servings were large and the prices were reasonable for fresh, mostly locally-obtained food. (I'm very frugal, so when I say I didn't mind paying the price for what we ordered, you can believe you will not get ripped off at this restaurant). The bread is absolutely fantastic! There is a basic menu, but then there is a wall board that lists the daily specials. We got there late, so some of the specials were sold out, so I suggest you get there early (you can make a reservation) to have the best options. My husband ordered the 'sword' and noticed that his piece of sausage was half the size of the sausage given to the patron at the next table; must have been the final piece of the day. The ahi tuna was fantastic, and I had so many pieces that I was able to share with the three other people at my table. We sat in the 'sunroom', which is just off the bar and has only a few tables. Quite nice. I will definitely return to Corndance during my next visit to South Bend.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best place for upscale dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Fresh and local food done with quality, excellent craft beer list, knowledgeable and attentive servers. This is usually my top choice for a nice dinner out with my wife, though it is not too stuffy to take the kids along.

The peruvian ham hock is a highlight; their soups are always outstanding; often some variety of beet salad appetizer which is tasty

Visited April 2012