“Sat at the Bar and had Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 167 Restaurants in Mishawaka
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Established in 2010 Corndance Tavern presents classic tastes of the Midwest with metropolitan sophistication. Our highly trained staff strive to provide a truly memorable dining experience; professional service, fresh local food presented in a dynamic fashion, and the perfect beverage make your Corndance experience one to remember! Our steaks are dry aged and cut in-house, using midwestern beef fed on grain and grass with no steroids or hormones. We buy produce from local farms, including year-round indoor farming operations in southern Michigan. Our seafood comes straight from the Great Lakes, and what we cannot get locally, we get flown in from around the United States every day. Our wine list is composed of new-world wines from the Americas. You will not find microwaves and frozen food at Corndance--just fresh, local food, inspired by the seasons.
Orlando, Florida
“Sat at the Bar and had Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

It was very good but I would rate it in the 80s out of 100. I splurged ( nutrionally) and had the free range fried chicken. It was not the best I have had but it was plenty good. Strouds in Kansas City is the best. I got garlic buttered green beans on the side along with the cole slaw. They both were fantastic (9 out of 10). I will def return the next time I am in town. The beer is varied with all micros on tap. The atmosphere is great for South Bend. The prices are high for some and fair for most.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

South Bend, IN
“Corndance Tavern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a great restaurant, locally owned. Decor is lovely and service is stellar. It is a little expensive but it is an excellent place to go for a special occasion. We went for my birthday last time and it was lovely.

South Bend, Indiana, United States
“Ambience and Food... Just OK, Service Was Stellar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have read through many of the reviews on here and beg to differ in some regards. We had Corndance on Saturday night for our anniversary dinner and while the service was excellent, the ambiance and food was just ok. Our server was knowledgeable and seemed like she had been serving tables for quite some time. Her recommendations were excellent and on point. The ambiance of the restaurant itself is pretty lackluster. This is located in a former Texas Land and Cattle, and while the decor is different, I think the changes they made were for the worse. I liked the high end feel of TLC better than the downtrodden depressing tones of this place. The carpet looked dirty though it is fairly new and the curtains hanging on booths looked dusty and grimy, though I'm sure it was just a texture/color thing. The food was good, although not awe inspiring. The stone baked pizza could have used more vinaigrette and the pasta while tasty was missing something as well. The ahi tuna steamed bun appetizer was my favorite of the entire meal. It is nice to try it, but there are better culinary inspired options in the area.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Elkhart, Indiana
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

The hearty eater will even have a hard time finishing the 'Sword". Skewered selections of meat and vegetable artfully present on blade. The staff is very attentive an our server Kim was outstanding! From free-range chicken, bison and seafood everyone in our party found something amazing!

South Bend, Indiana, United States
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

How do I start a review of an evening I thought would begin and end with a simple cocktail enjoyed after a long day at work? Probably with the original cocktail, the Mezcal Margarita. Before the drink had even arrived, I was already impressed with my bartender Jim. As he collected the ingredients necessary to assemble what was to become a delightful drink, he took the time not only to introduce himself but also to inquire about my day, showing a genuine interest far beyond the level of service I usually experience. Then the drink came. It was a flavorful, almost smoky concoction that eased the chill of a wintry evening. I ordered the Pork Belly Steam Buns next, small slider sandwiches that offered a glimpse into the culinary brilliance of the resident chef. Served in a bamboo steamer, these bites of goodness dazzled the palate with a tangy hoison sauce that was gently cooled by a delicate cucumber salad. Unwilling to end what was turning into a delightful evening, I took Jim’s advice and ordered the Bacon Ice Cream, a marvelous marriage of sweet and salty that the chef had created for this week. Although I struggled to find an adjective that adequately described this burst of flavor (ethereal, ambrosial, addictive), I ultimately had to settle for naming it the best ice cream I’ve ever had the good fortune of tasting. To accompany this heavenly dessert, I decided to once again surrender myself to Jim’s expertise. I was rewarded with Magic in a Glass, a cocktail designed for that week by brilliant bartenders. Highlighting blood orange and mint, this subtly sour and deliriously delicious drink topped off what was easily one of the best dining experiences I’ve had in the area in the last twenty years. The friendly service, unique dishes and engaging atmosphere have decisively positioned Corndance as one of my favorite destinations for a meal that is so much more than just the food consumed. What I found here is an experience to be relished whenever the opportunity arises. If you’re not so fortunate as to have this local gem available to you on a nightly basis, you shouldn’t miss the opportunity when you’re in town.

• Visited February 2012