“Yummy Home cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Middlebury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Allen, Texas
“Yummy Home cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Good for groups or family and friends. Apple Butter and Peanut Butter spread on table with fresh rolls. Had their special dish of meat sauce over eggs noodles over mash potatoes! Yum... order the small plate just right!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sandusky, Ohio
“Not the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Apparently, this is a restaurant where they need to "stick to the knitting", as far as their menu items. Traditional Amish fair seems fine, but something as simple as a cheeseburger poses a challenge. The burger I had was overcooked, dry, and tasteless. The condiment I ordered to go on the burger never arrived. The service was, at best, minimal. Dining here is not a mistake I will repeat.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
shepherdsville
“Even the Amish eat here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not realizing this restaurant was closing at 8pm, we arrived about 10 minutes before that time. No matter - we were welcomed and seated cheerfully and were not rushed through our meal at all.
After our server took our orders she brought a plate of rolls. There is a lazy susan on the table with butter, apple butter and Amish peanut butter spread...so we enjoyed trying out some of each on our rolls. ( no bread plate was provided and we didn't ask for one either.)
Our food arrived hot and on time. Hearty but I'd have to say a little bland. Good quality though.
My husband is the only member of our party to try one of the 30 kinds of pie. He got coconut cream..which he said was better than average..even the crust.

This restaurant has their menu on their website - with prices.

Lots of stuff to but displayed in the waiting are. They also have a bakery store in the building. I just dashed in to buy some of the Amish peanut butter spread to take back as gifts ...didn't get to look around at all.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Grass Lake, MI
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We had the breakfast buffet. We love the fruit slush. Yummy, yummy food.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
detroit
“Yum Yum, I'm full!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My sister and I went here for a weekend get away. We stayed at the hotel. We had the family style chicken dinner with roast beef added. Yummm.....We are from Michigan, and this is better than Frankenmuth. The stuffing was the only thing that was not so great....it was good tasting, but a mushy clump, not fluffy. But the chicken was great, seasoned well, the roast beef was tender and delicious with gravy, noodles, green beans all good....mashed potatoes, good and creamy. You also get a small loaf of bread to cut at your table, with the peanut butter and apple butter on your table And the pièce de résistance......the pie....my sister had pecan, and I had the praline pecan cream. Ohh la la....We were full and stuffed. It was all you can eat, the server was polite and efficient. I would have bought a whole cream pie from their bakery to take home, but I think it needed to be refridgerated. It was wonderful. If you stay at the hotel, they will make reservations for you. But we came at a good time when there was no wait. They also deliver to your room

• Visited August 2011