“MIDDLEBURY” 4 of 5 stars

Book AARP - 10% Off
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Middlebury
“MIDDLEBURY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Room was clean, except for indented and obviously used bed cover caused by previous guest, employee, or other. Snack room prices are way too high-$3.00 for a small package of peanuts-no way! Nice quiet location and easy access from main highway, and good access to local attractions and restaurants. Newer motel with all modern amenities.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank your for your recent stay with us and I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. I can appreciate your concern about the appearance of our duvet and cover set. Hampton Inn as a brand is in the process of updating all the duvets and covers due to this specific concern. We are already in that transition to replace all the duvets and covers to the new package, but please rest assured we change out our bedding just as our little post it notes indicate between every guest check out.

I do regret you felt the pricing on our Suite Shop items was high. Please contact me at the property that I might be able to discuss that with you directly as our aim is to please our guests!

omid.zahedi@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
columbia station, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Good room and the location was very good for our vacation activities. The staff was good and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We will stay at Hamptons in the future when our plans call for us to travel

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. We hope to serve you again and I would love to know how we may be able to serve you better on your next visit.

Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Fast check-in. Front desk very pleasant. Hotel room was very nice. Lamps had outlets on them so you could plug your laptop into the lamp instead of crawling on the floor. My husband sleeps with a CPAP machine so it was nice to be able to plug it in right next to the bed. In fact, lots of outlets in the room and bathroom. Beds comfortable and good TV. Internet easily accessible. Didn't eat breakfast there since we have a favorite restaurant in the area but it looked like there was a little bit of everything. Will stay at this hotel when we are in the area again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments about the quality of our team and property. We do look forward to knowing all our hard work has paid off and the guest is satisfied. Summers are always very busy and can very fast paced for us, but we are pleased to know we can slow down and thank our guests for being understanding and appreciate what we have done!

Thank you again and we definitely hope to host you again very soon!

Forest, oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The rooms were clean and very comfortable, but too many other issues. I arrived to check in and they could not find my reservation. I showed them my confirmation number and said that they do not accept reservations from travel agencies, or a third party. I told them I travel weekly and have never had this issue. I asked for a manager and he quickly responded and said he would find me a room and he did. I was then told that the WiFi was not working, but someone had been called. I said I would check when I returned from dinner. 2 hours later, they told me that it still is not working, but I was free to go to the McDonalds and use their WiFi. This was not acceptable.....Breakfast was not enjoyable - no variety, juice was out. Next time, I will drive the additional miles to another Hampton.

Room Tip: The top floor was very quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I do sincerely regret our WiFi outage and the unfortunate response to your reservation. We will be coaching based on this response on appropriate response to missing or unclear information.

I certainly appreciate your disappointment with the temporary loss of Wifi access at our property and the service was restored due to technical issues beyond our control, but I completely understand the situation could have been handled a bit more professionally. I am pleased to know my team attempted to offer an alternative for WiFi access to you, but I regret they did not mention we do still offer wired access to you to prevent any unneeded trips.

Please feel free to contact me and I would love to discuss this with you further.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Oversall stay was acceptable but housekeeping staff has issues. Complimentary breakfast was soso with duplication of breakfast items almost daily. Front desk staff were very good & helpful. Overall experience was below what we have come to expect from Hampton Inns.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so terribly sorry for the dropped ball on your stay. We apparently hit a bump in the road which has lead to some staffing changes. I am helping to lead the way by personally attending to some of those issues you referred to.

I appreciate your repeat visit and thank you for your positive comments as well as your critiques. We do look forward to your repeat visit and hope to see you again some time soon.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean. Good for the price. But lacking in some areas.
Free breakfast but poor assortment many items missing and not refilled.
Toasters not working well. Rooms clean and comfortable.
While staying there was a power outage ( not hotel fault) for 2 1/2 hrs.some of the emergency lighting in stairwells was not working ( fire violation ).We where on the 3rd floor & had to try to walk down in the dark.
Hotel personnel did not call or check on guests to see if OK.
Would have been nice if they showed more concern for there customers.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I appreciate your comments and thank you for them. I am terribly sorry to have had your stay interrupted by a power failure. We worked very diligently with the local power company which notified us of a 1/2 mile radius of power failure. I am very pleased to know it was during the day though so its impact was somewhat lessened, though learning one of the emergency lights did not start up as expected pointed out a flaw we will be resolving immediately.

I regret the team did not call back to check on all the guests, but many called and many more did stop in the lobby allowing us to notify them in person. We will retrain though confirm guests are contacted directly in such emergencies as this turned into a training opportunity with the team.

Thank you for staying with us and I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have generated, but I do thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Middlebury, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My family and I attended a family reunion in Middlebury, IN so we only needed a place to sleep for two nights. The hotel was very clean and employees very friendly and helpful! The town of Middlebury was also very clean and friendly!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I do appreciate your kind remarks and thank you for letting us know we performed in the manner expected for a Hampton Inn. We always are thrilled to know our guests have been cared for and love to read about it and share it around the property. Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon!

Thank you!

omid.zahedi@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury? Share your experiences!