“Best. Hampton. Ever.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Middlebury
Newark, Ohio
“Best. Hampton. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Everything about this hotel is above and beyond the already high expectations I have for a Hampton Inn. So that my review is not too lengthy, I will just mention a few things that come to mind after checking in a few hours ago:
- large concrete parking lot
- check in took about 15 seconds
- I was immediately recognized as a Diamond member and upgraded to a suite without even asking
- Decorations and color schemes are contemporary and classy
- immaculate everywhere
- No highway noise at all, very peaceful
- Manager Josh was very really nice when I walked through the lobby and wanted to make sure everything was alright for my stay.

Easily the best Hampton I have ever seen, and better than most other much more expensive hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Joshua S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
I think I like the title of this response the most! I may be a little bias, but I have to agree that the Hampton Inn here in Middlebury is a one of a kind in the brand. Our ownership group has worked hard to put together a product that stands out to all of our guests that come through these doors.

Thank you for posting these pictures for reviewers to experience. Glad you enjoyed your suite, and we will have another waiting upon your next arrival!

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The reviews were excellent and low and behold they were correct in their evaluations. Hotel
lobby is two story masterpiece with elegant breakfast area. Room was brand new and well designed with extra space and quality bed. The room included easy chair and desk and chair combo with easy plug in for computer. Nice large TV and extra soft bed. Bath was well designed with some elegant touches. In a more trendy venue you would pay triple the price to stay here. Not over the top luxury but still very very nice.
Breakfast was well done and in such a beautiful foyer it tasted extra scrumpuous..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
I want to thank you for your kind review on our new Hotel here in Middlebury. Your perception of what we offer here is exactly the goal we had in mind for our guests. We offer a modern feel with a twist of Amish Hospitality when travelers come to visit us here in Middlebury. I hope that you will come back and see us. Thanks again!
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

A bit pricey, but within the normal range for the area which is located in the heart of the Amish and rv manufacturing. Neat bike trail runs from Middlebury to Shipshewana, IN.
Great hot breakfast, oat meal, eggs, bacon, etc, plus the many other cold choices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Joshua S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
I hope you got the chance to ride on the Heritage trail through the Amish Country. There are many interesting cultural experiences to have while visiting the area. Please make sure during your next visit to stop by the desk to find even more ways to enjoy yourself while in town. We thank you very much for your business, and hope to see you again soon. The Shipshewana Flea Market opens in just a few short weeks!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I want to thank everyone at this hotel! My stay was great! I will definitely be back and refer my colleagues! Thank you everyone, especially the amazing and helpful front desk!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Joshua S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Seeing as you are from New York City I am glad you found us to be what you were looking for during your stays away from the busy city. We have worked hard as a staff to make sure that we do all we can to make sure our guests keep coming back. Thank you very much for this positive review. Please let us know during any future stay if there is anything that we can do better!
Milan, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property on our way back home on a road trip. I actually work for a different hotel company, so I am normally pretty skeptical about other properties. This hotel is great!! It is new, so everything is clean and in excellent condition. The staff is all wonderful....Christina was working when we stayed and she was very helpful with getting us information about things to do in the area. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad you and your husband found our accommodations to meet your expectations. We may be in Amish Country, but when you walk through the doors of this brand new facility you get a much more contemporary feel. Thank you very much for taking the time to articulate your experience here at the hotel. I will send Christina your warm wishes and let her know once again that she is doing a great job. I look forward to seeing you in the future!
Pinckney, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

You can tell this hotel is all about pleasing there guest. Every staff member we came in contact with was always willing to accomodate our every need. I have 3 young boys that sometimes can be very impatient. I was in the lobby trying to make a phone call, due to our car needing repairs while we where there. General Manager saw how I was having trouble keeping my 3 boys oocupied during my call and proceeded to come over with paper and pens to sit down and draw with them. The kids had a new best friend by time we left after spending 3 wonderful days at the hotel. Thank you for all your hospitality!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here with us in Middlebury. It's experiences like this that we strive for as a staff here at the Hampton Inn. Although, I may not be the best at drawing, I enjoyed myself just as much as your three boys. It was my pleasure getting to know you and your family during your stay. Please come see us again!
Cedar City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I had such a great experience when I stayed in Middlebury. The hotel was brand new and everyone there was so friendly and accommodating to my husband and I. We really felt at home. The breakfast was delicious too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Joshua S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
I'm so glad to hear you had such a great stay with us here in Middlebury. The staff and myself have really enjoyed getting know the guests that travel to our area. I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast. You will have to come visit us again soon as we have just started serving hot oatmeal as an added bonus to our already full hot buffet.

Thanks for the review!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury? Share your experiences!