“Very good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3801 N. Frontage Road, I-94 & Hwy 421, Exit 34B, Michigan City, IN 46360   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2003

I just read the review from another person regarding the Comfort Inn in Michigan City, IN. I have stayed there many times and have never experienced any problems. I have also spent many nights in other motels as well as Comfort Inn. And in my finding Comfort Inn is a very reasonable place to stay. I have never had any problems with this place. They are always able to give me good rates on the suites that i get. Its less crowded also. Just a nice place to stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2002

I arrived at the hotel at around 11:00 AM on a Wednesday and there was only one vehicle in the lot -- a semi. Nat altogether unusual but I would soon see that it was a premonition as to the quality of the hotel, at least my room.

I told the front desk clerk that I was looking for a different place to stay regularly in Mich. City because I travel there often and need to keep the room costs down. The corporate rate I got as a walk-up was $54.95 per night, so I decided to stay. After explaining that I was trying this hotel out, I expected to be put in a decent room. Not so.

As I went to the back of the building to enter the building, I walked int the bottom of the stairwell/entry and just about gagged with the stench of sour milk, or something like it. Once I went through the door into the hall, it was gone. Unfortunately, it was repolaced with the pungent scent of deaoderizer, that nearly had the same gag effect on me.

My room had peeling wallpaper, the metal plate with the heat/AC controls on it with the heat and fan positions scraped off, and a TV with poor reception and sound.

I may give them another chance, but that will be it if the room I get is no better.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn

Address: 3801 N. Frontage Road, I-94 & Hwy 421, Exit 34B, Michigan City, IN 46360
Location: United States > Indiana > Michigan City
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Hotel Class:2 star — Comfort Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Michigan City