“Good Bargain for the Money and Midwest” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Chip Casino and Hotel

You added Blue Chip Casino and Hotel to your Saves list
Blue Chip Casino and Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Blue Chip Drive, 777 Blue Chip Drive, Michigan City, IN 46360   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book For Our Lowest Rate
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Homewood, Illinois
“Good Bargain for the Money and Midwest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I made my reservations before I read the negative reviews of this property, so I was nervous prior to arrival. Thank goodness, Kimberly maintained a professional and friendly demeanor during check-in. The casino was clean and well-maintained. The Options buffet, however, is in need of better upkeep as far as vacuuming under the dining tables. The food was tasty but not quite as varied as the buffet at Four Winds.
When we entered our room in the Spa Tower, we immediately noticed a few areas which were overlooked by the housekeeper. These areas were re-cleaned immediately after a call to front the desk and a visit by a housekeeping supervisor. Otherwise, the room we had was decent and the property is a compliment to the working class town of Michigan City.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Oak Lawn, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a weekend day for the night. We live in a southwest Chicago suburb & this Casino & Hotel is only an hour away from our home. The hotel and casino are both very clean and comfortable, and a good value. We booked the hotel through their website, and found a promotion including the room and breakfast. It was a nice getaway for the weekend and and well within our budget.

• Stayed March 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife & I attended a conference held at the Blue Chip. Our room in the tower was very comfortable and clean. Free parking in the garage was convenient, although the garage stairwell could use a good cleaning. The casino was fun, however, the ventilation could have been better to clear the cigaret smoke. The food at Options restaurant buffet was a good value with many food choices.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The food was awsome as was the atmosphere. The server Patty was the best.Made us feel special and gave us the best sevice ever.We will return soon and hope to get Patty again.Thank you Blue Chip!!! We stayed overnite for the first time...the room was great as was the check in experience...The entertanment was so fun....Saw Rick Sausedo and a great New band Smokin Gunz. We cannot wait to return to play and enjoy a great over night...the games also were good to us !!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
East Chicago, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

With the other casino quite nearby, you'd think Blue Chip would step up a bit. The rooms and halls smell like cigarettes! Put your smokers in the old hotel and non-smokers in the new hotel even though it's not permitted in the rooms at all! There was mold in the shower, wall paper peeling, hot water took forever to get to our 4th floor room. Bed was OK but pillows old and flat. At minimum, some down alternatives should be there. The carpet was vacuumed but a sticky substance was on the floor by the window...rather large spot. I just felt like we were staying in a seedy place...we travel A GREAT DEAL and have found nicer hotels in developing nations! Went to front desk and quietly shared our concerns and was told, "I'm sorry ma'am, but all of the rooms are like this." I didn't see a room in the new tower so no comments about those. Still, if there is a difference, Blue Chip needs to address the old hotel and bring it up to par. This is unsatisfactory! I will comment that they often give "Comps" to their casino guests, and if you've walked through the main floor, you can see who stays in those hotel rooms...hence the cigarette smoke smell! Go get a room at the Hampton Inn that's not too far away in LaPorte. They're always solid!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I travel over 100 nights a year and have never had issues like I have had here. They screwed up the reservation putting us in the old section when I requested the Spa Tower charged my card originally for three rooms ( which should have been two). They put the upcharge on my bill instead of knowing they should have just gave me the new room rate . They were unwilling to work with me ( dispite the multiple screw up) . Did I mention they don't clean the rooms if you stay multiple nights . The rooms are nice, the hotel clean , but check your entire reservation and bill when you check in . Also be prepared to clean your own room.

• Stayed March 2014
Prague
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was in for a conference, received the "conference" rate for my one evening stay. When I checked in (very friendly staff I might add... although finding the front desk is a bit of an odyssey) I went to my room in the old hotel... it was fine for the rate but the entire side smelled of smoke to me and the view was not great at all. I went back to the front desk and inquired about the newer hotel and a change fee. They were very accommodating and I paid for the upgrade. It was totally worth it king size comfy bed, better view and overall better comforts (plus no major concern about bedbugs). ONly issue I had was the fitness center was an additional $8 and finding some breakfast was a bit of a hassle. They need a coffee shop, not the food/burger/coffee shop they currently have.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Blue Chip Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!