“Great winter getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Chip Casino and Hotel

Save Saved
You added Blue Chip Casino and Hotel to your Saves list
Blue Chip Casino and Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Blue Chip Drive, 777 Blue Chip Drive, Michigan City, IN 46360   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Michigan City
Chicago, Illinois
“Great winter getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Blue Chip has a nice hotel, very good dining, a large casino and wonderful indoor pool. We didn't use the spa but one is available. The spa blue tower rooms are pretty nice. It's not the Wynn in Las Vegas but it's a nice hotel & casino. Housekeeping staff was very nice. We had a quiet corner room with 2 walls of electronic curtains & a slight view of the lake. The room had a coffee pot and small refrigerator. We ate at It's Vegas Baby and thought the food we had was really good. The steak house was excellent too. Room service was great.
If you like swimming, the pool (located in the older tower) is quite nice. It's fun to come in from the winter weather & go swimming in the pool. The rooms in spa tower are a bit of a walk to the pool so you need a cover up or robe. We previously stayed in a small suite in the older building which was very nice.
We gambled in the casino. The dealers were friendly & the casino was kept very clean for a smoking casino. There is a good variety of slot machines.
There is shopping nearby - both an outdoor outlet mall & a regular mall.

Room Tip: On line you can do a virtual tour of the rooms. We had a corner room on week nights which was espec...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

First of all, to get the internet rate you have to use either a lap or desk top. I tried making a reservation with my smart phone last night and the reservation would not go through. Also just having a "club card" means nothing unless you're an active player to get any sort of discount (in most of our experience, having a member card is good enough for a member discount). The guest services lady we dealt with was accommodating but too bad so sad on not being able to get the internet rate or club member rate. The room was nice enough but it was difficult to get the room comfortable - the drapes kept blowing above the air conditioner - and the room was either cold or warm. We had a room with only a shower - the door pushes inward - you are inside the shower to turn the water on - I got hit with a shock of ice cold water as I was trying to get the water warm! Typical amenities in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the city side - our room was on the water side and we heard trains all night long...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

As you drive up to the Blue Chip Hotel and Casino, the blue and white neon lights defining the hotel building are luring in their beauty. All of the architects involved did an amazing job. The inside lobby is well appointed, tasteful, and efficient. The rooms in the tower are really very nice. I have stayed a number of times at this location and all of the rooms in the spa tower have been very clean and very comfortable. CLEAN every time. Fresh, not worn. It is nice to see the owners are committed to keeping the property in excellent condition. The casino is small in comparison to Vegas...with all of the action, a very good steak house and bar, it is a nice day or two away!

Room Tip: If you stay on the backside of the hotel, on a clear day you have a view of the Chicago skyline!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Elburn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We spent a girls weekend in Union Pier, Michigan. One of the nights we decided to go to the Blue Chip Casino. The casino was a lot of fun. I had won pretty big on a slot machine so I decided to treat my friends to a round of drinks while we listened to the band playing in The Rock Bar. After placing my 4 drink order and handed a $100 bill to the bartender ~ he gave me a receipt with $20 dollars on it. I asked for my change and he said that I had given him a $20 and we were "even". I said I was sure I gave you a $100 bill and he said "no I don't have any $100's in my drawer." I checked my purse and was sure I gave him the $100. He said "my word against yours" ... so please remember if you go there one of the bartenders at the Rock bar doesn't give the correct change / pockets money instead of ringing up drink orders. BE CAREFUL....He is a liar and a thief!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at Blue Chip Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We are very concerned to read your comments posted online and would like an opportunity to discuss them in detail if you would be kind enough to contact us at 888-879-7711. Thank you.
Peru, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was our first visit to the Blue Chip and we didn't know what to expect. We had a very satisfactory visit . None of the casinos are really loose but I found the Blue Chip not too bad. Our room was not in the new part but it was clean and comfortable. We would go again and probably will in the spring.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My first and last visit to this casino left me NOT impressed.

The casino itself is OK, but the rooms leave A LOT to be desired. The best feature is the awesome shower with glass doors. The room did appear to be clean, but minimal in decor and amenities.

Two long, flat uncomfortable pillows on the bed and NO blankets, just sheets. The sheets were extremely scratchy and not comfortable.

The room was extremely noisy and we were woke up MANY times by people in the next room shouting and such.

I doubt I would ever stay at this location again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at Blue Chip Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding the product quality you experienced at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel and Spa. Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and Security departments so that we might continue to improve our product and service standards. We would welcome an opportunity to speak further about your visit to our property. We can be reached toll-free at (888) 879-7711. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about our property. We hope that you will consider giving Blue Chip another opportunty in the future.
munster, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent the night at the Blue Chip in Michigan City for their slot tournament. It was an awesome deal with all meals included. The room we had was in the tower at the end of the hall where the building curves so it was really nice. The Lighthouse Mall is probably less than a mile away too!

Room Tip: As for aroom at the end along the curve.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Chip Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!