“Beware” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Fountain Hills
“Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Refused my Restaurant.com coupon that had no expiration. Business must be terrific for somebody who has a customer that will never come back and will tell all his friends about his experience...and, lives less than 100 yards away.

Visited June 2013

South Bend, Indiana
“It's all about the timing ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

No sense in leaving a review if it's not going to be honest so here goes... I used Scartozzi's to cater my recent party. They have a nice menu / variety that is well suited for feeding lots of people over an extended period of time. I will able to pick several dishes to feed 40 guests for a very reasonable amount of money, AND they deliver. BUT, they delivered too early. Several times we confirmed the time the food should arrive, 6:00pm. As I was doing last minute prep I look up at 5:24 and the food is there. He said I'd need to put the pasta and meat balls in the oven to keep them hot. One of the reasons I used catering is so I wouldn't have fire up the oven in July. I wanted to avoid using my kitchen and cooking duties all together. Plus, it was an inconvenience to have drop what I was doing and deal with the food which put me behind in prep. Don't get me wrong, 15 minutes one way or another would not have bothered me, but over a half hour was too much. Otherwise, they would have gotten a rating of excellent.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious and fresh carry-out Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've been in Michigan City for 2 years and just tried this restaurant. What a shame to miss going for 2 years. The food is incredible. We ordered a caprese salad for 5 people. Beautiful, fresh and delicious. Our Italian exchange student from the North found it delicious and she is pretty particular about Italian food, as you can imagine.

Then we didn't know what kind of pasta to order so we just told them we like veggies and marinara and they made us an amazing dish. The prices were reasonable and we were lucky enough to have leftovers for the next day.

I think you should try it! Talk to the owner, tell them what you like to eat and they will make you something delicious. It's all made with care and love of fresh food, so buon appetito.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lakeside, Michigan, United States
“Great take out and catering - no eating in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a nice place to stop on the way home from the Mall or the South Shore train station for some nice authentic Italian fare. They have good pastas with a variety of sauces, meatballs, sausage, and beef sandwiches, and good salads. Their business is primarily catering, but they do have good take-out, too.

Visited April 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Supurb Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Based on the rankings here decided to give this a try. We had the traditional lasgna. WOW if you like spinach, you must try this dish. The best lasgna with spinach that I've ever had. Try it, you'll like it. Recommend you call and get your order to go as there are exactly two tables in the restaurant. Highly recommended and deserving of it's high ranking here.

• Visited December 2012