“UPDATE and INFO On William B's” 5 of 5 stars

219-879-7711
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
William B's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 120 restaurants in Michigan City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway US 12
Beverly Shores, Indiana
“UPDATE and INFO On William B's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

When I wrote my review, I forgot to mention that if you are a "big" player you get a "comp" for $120.00 for two and eat yourself to death! Now for the real story:
1. We have never gone to William B's without a comp. That includes Brio, Grill and now William B'.
2. The Menue is out of this world. The service is great, 90% of the time.
3. Over the years (like 10) things have changed. In the long ago, they made Lamb Chops that melted in your mouth!! No more. The lamb is now just lamb! I make better lamb from COSTCO!
4. When we go, we normally order the following:
A. APPETIZERS
She gets Oysters Rockefeller--OUTSTANDING!!!!!
I get CRAB CAKES!!! To die for--with the two dips!!
The mushrooms, calamari, scallops, etc. do not make us go "WOW" the Jumbo Prawn Coctail is almost a meal, and like all other shrimp, but very large!!! Like 10/1.
B. SOUP
The Lobster Bisque is to die for!!!
The French Onion Soup to me is TOO sweet
C. SALAD
Order the Caesar. When WB's opended the Caesar's had wilted lettuce, now has been changed to a more traditional Caesar's, Really good! The "Wedge" is good, but is too much, as the House or Chopped! Stay with the Caesar!
D. HOUSE SPECIALTIES
We always have problems with this! My GF like stuff, and I like other stuff, but here is the lowdown:
I have ordered SURF and TURF with Lobster--Really Great. I just get melted butter for the lobster. We have not had any of the ther items from the this menue.
E. STEAK
I always order a PRIME RIB (16oz/$27) which is SUPREME, but at times not great! Comes with a HUGE Idaho Pot and really great Au Jus and Horseradish Cream! The Pot is almost like my hand and has sour cream, etc...
My GF ordered a special and it was not good, we took it home for the dogs!
F. SEAFOOD:
My GF (girl friend after 20+years) loves seafood! She loves the LAKE PERCH! That is all she or I had from this part of the menue.
G. END
Come on, by now you are so full, that desert is a JOKE! Also, I do not like ANY of the deserts! They are spectacular, but not one that I like!
JOHN R

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Chicagoland
“Great atmosphere and good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Request a semi circular booth. You'll step back to the Frank Sinatra days and enjoy an excellent meal. The service can be frenzied sometimes when there is a show, but otherwise very good. The food is excellent. We always enjoy a steak or prime rib.

Visited November 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Well beyond my expectations...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I guess we didn't have high hopes for a steakhouse in a casino in Michigan City, Indiana...but hey, what do we know!

After getting in a bit late and being a bit harried, we scrambled down to the restaurant early and they informed us a table was not quite ready, but come back exactly on time. There were good to form and seated us to a nice big table with plenty of surrounding room. The atmosphere is spacious, elegant and reminded me of the high profile steakhouses like Mortons down the road a bit.

Our server was just a bit delayed and overwhelmed, and as a result she was quick to provide thoughts that seemed practiced instead of thoughtful. Nonetheless, the menu is extensive and includes enough variety for all tastes. Starters, salads and entrees were equally impressive and worthy of choice.

We went for the beef this evening. My wife the filet that was flavorful and well proportioned. I selected prime rib and I am confident it was one of the finest I have had. Overly generous in portion, it was delicious and accompanied by the usual horseradish and variation of yorkshire pudding. We shared the mashed potato's that were of an excellent hand made texture.

We skipped dessert, but did have a couple glasses of wine from the glass list. Nothing special to report, but they were solid selections and fairly priced (as was the rest of the menu in my opinion).

All in all we were both really, really surprised and impressed. Having eaten at many of the fine dine restaurants in casinos outside Las Vegas, the food tends to dissappoint. This was well worth the visit and will have us coming back. With the tables what they were.... this was a highlight!

Enjoy William B's-

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northwest Indiana
“Nice dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We ate at William B's this past weekend for the first time. We have friends that rave about it so we went as a group of 8. Reservations were easy to make. Menu is extensive with steaks, chops, seafood, and of course appetizers, soups and desserts. Everyone enjoyed their meals and they were varied. My swordfish special was out of this world. Salads were good, too. The portions are large. My husbands creamed spinach could serve 3-4 easily. The prices are typical of a casino and are a bit high but you do not leave hungry. The dinner rolls were tasty as well.
Service was almost too efficient as we had two servers for our table. We actually felt rushed and are more used to sitting at the dining table with friends for hours. I know they want you back in the casino, but I like to enjoy the meal and the company. Servers were pleasant but seemed a bit impersonal.
Our only real problem was that smoking was allowed in the restaurant. It was the main reason we didn't stay for dessert. It just ruins the taste of the food!

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grand Rapids, MI
“First visit to this steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our very first visit to the William B's steakhouse in Michigan CIty. I had won some money in the casino, so decided to have dinner here. It is very nice and the waiter was so helpful. I had the crab stuffed shrimp and my daughter had the filet. All is ala carte, so she ordered the au gratin potatoes and I had the grilled asparagus and also the crab chowder. Everything was so good and the portions are so large, you can't eat it all. I would skip the soup next time. It is quite expensive, but as a splurge, do it.

• Visited November 2011