“Great Experince” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn Merrillville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Merrillville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8210 Louisiana St., Merrillville, IN 46410-6354   |
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Staff is always friendly and helpful. They've accommodated me twice with early check-in and it's greatly appreciated. It is great they have guest laundry available on site as well. I like staying here when I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2011
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We travel a lot for business and I would recommend this Hotel. We have stayed all over the states and by far this is one of the Best places we've stayed! The Front Desk staff was very helpful and friendly, they all went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable with our stay. Housekeeping is the BEST!!! Each and everyone of the "keepers" were very friendly, plus made sure we had everything we needed in our room everyday! (not like other hotels we've stayed) This hotel is not the most 'fanciest nor the most expensive'...But like I always say: 'just because you pay more, doesn't mean you get more'!! The King size beds were very comfortable. The room/hotel was very quiet (except when the baseball/team(s) were there, those kids were very loud/running all over hotel/hallways, knocking on room doors) other than that we always had a peaceful nights sleep! Breakfast was nice. Swimming Pool was great, we usually had it to ourselves! Laundry room on upper level. Mall/stores/antique shops, Water Park, theaters, Plenty of Restaurants dine in/or Delivery. (Our stay was long term) We would definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: "Upper Level is Smoking /Lower Level Non~Smoking"
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Boca Raton, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

This LaQuinta is located right off I-65 and Route 30, which is an excellent location. Easy to get anywhere you need to go. There are probably 20 motels right in this area, some are dumpy, some are average, and some are nice. This one is average. It is a very big motel, and yes, there are some pot holes in the parking lot, but you do not have to drive through them!. There are plenty of parking spaces right next to the building. There are plenty of restaurants close by, some within walking distance....a Bob Evans is right next door. Right down the street is Red Lobster, and a Bar and Grill called Sheffields. Sheffield's has a 1/2 lb hamburger for $6.95 and it is huge and comes with fries. Try it. It is great. The Westlake Mall is one block away, and a short distance farther are Target and Walmart. So, location is fantastic.

The Rooms are average. We had one King Bed and the room was nice and clean. The bed was comfy. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great. The front staff and the housekeeping staff were great and very accommodating. They have a free breakfast in the morning, but I cannot comment on that. All I got was orange juice and coffee.

Overall, considering the low prices offered, I think was a good choice for our recent stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Russiaville, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is not an exageration. Any bad odor you can think of can be found here. The rooms are not clean and it is obvious that there have been smokers staying in the non smoking rooms. There were dead bugs on the floor in one of our rooms, and there is dust and white plaster powder in the corners. The shower curtain in one room reeked of mildew. There was mold growing on the caulking of one room's air conditioner. The only good thing I can say is that the check in guy was friendly and the beds were comfortable. If you know what's good for you, stay at the Best Western down the street or sleep in your car if there is no room at the inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

La Quinta was great! After researching the internet, I mistakenly chose to stay at Red Roof Inn during my last trip to Indiana. I should've went to Trip Advisor first. RRI was cheaper and I thought I would try it. Big mistake- see my review.
La Quinta was perfect for a family of three, with two small dogs. I never realized how much the little things matter until I missed them. Continental breakfast, coffee pot in your room, pen and paper, closet space with a door. Maybe it was just a bad night at Red Roof Inn, but I can say that I felt much safer at La Quinta, I wasn't disturbed by other guests, and I didn't hear the loud freeway traffic at La Quinta. La Quinta was cleaner than RRI and the customer service was far better.
I will be staying at La Quinta on my next visit to Merrillville. I'm not taking another chance to save a couple more dollars.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I and our 2 son's came for a family reunion. My grandmother and mom also came but stayed in a separate room. The hotel parking lot is a little pot holed filled, and pool was perfect and very clean, our rooms very very nice, The hotel staff was very helpful and took care of anything we needed. we entered via door 2 and it stated that after dark u would need your room key, well that door never worked and was open all hours of the night. A/c was great, location to highway, restaurants , mall and a walmart were perfect since we had the fridge/microwave. We will definately stay there again to visit family, I highly suggest it. the beds were pillowtop and SOOOO PERFECT. I normally don't sleep when i travel, the windows do open up so it was nice could get fresh air,

Room Tip: They have only king, double beds, no queens... but any bed would be great..
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Merrillville? Share your experiences!