“It could had been better” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
“It could had been better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The kids in the pool were so rowdy. The pool was open till midnight that night due to a party. The noise was horrific, and the kids and people leaving the pool going back to the rooms were so loud and obnoxious. It was like a party hotel. If we didnt have three kids trying to sleep and church the next morning I dont think we would had minded so much. But if we knew how loud it was going to be , maybe we would have booked a room farther from the pool. I dont know if we will return. There are other hotels with pools.

• Stayed March 2014
Patrick B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Bartonspizza,

Thank you for the great recent ratings about our hotel and please accept my apology for the issue you had with the noise by the pool area while staying with us. I can assure you this is not the normal experience and we are working to perfect every guests' experience. Please let me know if I can be of any further service to you going forward.

219.769.6311 ext. 5111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We booked this hotel, cause at one time it has a hot tub, game room, entertainment at night like bands, karaoke.
Well this was not the case, the hot tub was closed this property has NO HOT TUB, how does a hotel have NO HOT TUB. Also the sauna is a towel storage!!! NO SAUNA!!!!! and the game room was closed a few years back. The pool was FREEZING, until we complained the waterfall was not put on. The front doors and also where people check in and out and go out to smoke is about 200 feet from the pool, do you think that the air is warm??? no way!! We asked to turn the heater up never happened, the pool was more cold the next morning. We will never stay here again nor will I recommend this hotel to anyone. We complained and all we got was a $10.00 starbucks card!!!! The hotel itself is dirty we did not see a person cleaning at all the whole time we were there, people throw their garbage in the mulch, we rode the elevator with a plate and two beers it was there hours before it was cleaned up. Employees need to be walking about with brooms and vacuums and trash bags. 100% satisfaction was not guaranteed nor taken care of for us!!! DONT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are noisy!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear kt1980_98,

Thank you for your recent feedback and review. My sincerest apologies for your issues as we are aware that our pool was a bit colder than usual over the weekend and have since corrected the issue. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do for you as we are interested in your loyalty and return.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Too many things to list and I am still too aggravated to write about this experience. Bottom line....find another hotel in the area. The 24 hour stay cost me over 800.00 for two REGULAR rooms that were dirty and loud, food and drinks...and for what we received, it should have cost no more than 400.00. Don't stay here

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi Unhappytraveler10511,

Thank you for your feedback and response in regards to your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza. I know we have communicated via email about your issues and please know that we are working towards a resolution in regards to your experience. Please let me know if I can be of any further service in the meantime.

Hammond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The room was disappointing. The view from my room was of what a think is a tool shed! For $225 a night, I figure the room would look a little better. I had planned on taking a picture of the room but once I actually entered, it was not what I expected. Only thing worthy of a picture was the swimming pool. Defiantly will not go there again.

• Stayed February 2014
Merrillville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The hotel staff was very accomodating. There was remodeling going on so it was sometimes difficult to get through those areas. This should be a positive result when done. Overall a very positive experience. Booked it cheaper on line then calling for a rate as an exhibitor in the expo being held there. Don't understand that? No Microwave for reheating a sandwich!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Demotte, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was staying there with my kids and went to go give them a bath. I thought better of it when I noticed rust and chips in the tub and ran my finger over it and felt it was sharp. I did not want my children to get hurt so I could not bathe them. I paid way to much for the garden rooms where I could hear people in the pool and the waterfalls in the center of the hotel all night. I will not be staying there again unless they do some MAJOR renovating first.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Dana R,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room and for your issues in the bathroom. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to our standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact me directly at the information provided below.

Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed with the Raddison for 2 days. My check in went smoothly the Guest Service Rep made sure I knew how to get to my room and when I finally arrived to my room it was clean and warm! I was happy the heat was on because during this winter season it's not the best checking into a cold room which I have just a few weeks ago. I did dine in at the buffet at the Star Cafe and waitresses that helped my family and I made sure our food was good and our drinks stayed full. Overall I enjoyed my stay and ill be back!

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza? Share your experiences!