“My stay at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Atlanta, Georgia
“My stay at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Hotel was very busy! I was on of 146 rooms for a wedding. There were 3 other wedding groups there, two were on site. The front desk did a great job with all that was going on. My room was great but some other were just ok. The one problem was the officer on duty. She was rude and did not really want to be there. I hope they don't use her again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks over the outside pool. Smokers, ask for a room on the first floor with sli...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Joeseph F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Good Day Andy R.

I want to personally thank you for your recognition of our Front Desk Staff. We take great pride in providing 100% Guest Satisfaction with our Yes I Can! service.

I'd like to invite you to contact me directly at 219.680.1056, I am very interested in learning what you experienced with our evening security officer - so that I may investigate and insure such experiences do not happen again.

Once again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you soon!

Radisson Hotel at the Star Plaza
Merrillville, IN 46410

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Staff is very abrasive. Out of state guests seem to be NOT welcome and targeted. TV and radio did not work. Stained sheets. If there is noise complaint, instead of the staff kindly asking you to quiet down, they tell you to leave the hotel immediately without a refund of your room.

• Stayed September 2012
Joeseph F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Good Day rfr23,

I wanted to reach out to you about your recent stay at our property. The Radisson lives for 100% Guest Satisfaction for every guest and every stay. What you experienced is not, nor will it every be, acceptable at our property. For that reason, we are investigating this matter with our Management team, as well as our Director of Security. I would like to invite you to contact us directly if you wish to give us more information about your stay. The best direct line would be 219-680-5301.

Thank you for your response.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Do not waste the $160 something dollars it is to stay here. We stayed for one night and I couldn't wait to check out as soon as we walked in. The long mirror was dirty and had smudges all over it, the carpets seriously need to be changed out since they look that used, the door to the bathroom besides being something you would see at motel 6 were dirty and the knobs looked dirty and old. the sink didn't look clean when we got in and there was leftover blood of what I hope to God was a bug's at the top of the bathroom door frame. no microwave. even best western in schererville has a microwave & fridge for WAY cheaper. If you want a nice clean stay like I wanted stay at the Hilton garden and inn down the street. we would have but they were booked. they are slightly cheaper and worth the money. First time at the famous Radisson and I will NEVER EVER come back. Just like ill never get all tht money I spent to worry about bugs and filth back. You need to shut down and renovate Radisson!

• Stayed September 2012
Joeseph F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Good Day honestandtrue823,

I wanted to reach out to you and invite you to call me Joseph V. Frasca, Vice President and General Manager of the Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza at my direct line 219.680.1056. The Radisson lives for 100% Guest Satisfaction for every guest and every stay. I would like for you to provide me the opportunity to make this right with you and show you exactly what the Radisson Hotel at the Star Plaza is about.

What you experienced is not, nor will it every be, acceptable at our property. For that reason, I will be personally investigating this matter with our Housekeeping team and insuring they full know and understand this type of performance cannot be tolerated.

Thank you for your candid response and I look forward to your call.

219.680.1056
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

First off the staff was awesome, friendly and courteous. The down side was if you are anywhere around 6ft or taller you will feel like a giant low ceiling hallways and bathroom. It appears they may have ran the heating and cooling duct work through the hallway and through the bathrooms in each room. Im 6'2" and can feel the heat of the light fixture on my head and also when I used the hair dryer to dry the top of my head my hand was rubbing on the ceiling. Also, my wife ( who's 5'11") used the public restroom and said the toilets were so low it felt like her knees were equal with her ears. One last gripe is the "private balconies" were definitely not private. You could literally step over the side rails to every room on that level. It would be nice if maybe they but up some curtain rods with some valour curtains or such if you want a little privacy from your neighbor. We did something hilarious there, we got to our room and I put down the room key and went out into the balcony to find out the hard way that you need the key to get back into the room. Thanks to Nina and Tanisha for saving the day and noticing that it was our anniversary and making our stay there great even with what's listed above.
We also had a awesome time at Wisecrackers and TJ Maloneys .

• Stayed August 2012
Joeseph F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Eric Russ,

Thank you for recognizing our World Class Yes I Can Service! We constantly strive for two main things, that is to be clean and friendly. Specifically, your mentioning of Nina and Tanisha. They are excellent associates in our Engineering department and know how to insure our valued guests know they are appreciated.

We hope to host you again and perhaps you may want to recommend one of the first floor atrium facing rooms. That way, you will have quick and direct access to our wonderful pool, Starbucks, Wisecrackers and our Authentic Irish Pub TJ Maloneys.

Again, thank you for your comments and we will review your recommendations.

Best regards.

Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed during a large fraternal convention in May 2012. Excellent front-desk service at check-in, handling the large crowd. A huge hotel; it takes a little while to get your navigation down. Nice indoor pool, lots of public space, business center, Irish Pub-themed restaurant, and outdoor patio for smokers. Paid a group rate of 120.00 per night, which I split with a roommate. My non-smoking room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The staff were unobtrusive and very helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Joeseph F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear WheelsRollin,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson. We hope to see you again the future when you are looking for a Full Service hotel in the area.

Best Regards,
Kokomo, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were up in the region for a quick impromptu shopping trip and decided to roll the dice and book a room through priceline name your own price.. we requested a 2.5 star hotel becuase all in all we were really just wanting to sleep in a clean room.

We got upgraded to this hotel which was pretty cool.

upon checkin we asked what the room would have cost if we had just walked in to stay...i was pretty shocked to be told 165 a night..thats downtown chicago pricing....we got the same room through priceline 100 dollars cheaper!

all in all it was a nice clean room

only complaint was the sleep number bed wasnt functioning...but it was 11 before we ever layed down and at that point i didnt care to pack back up and move...but had it worked the sleep number bed would have been nice...

Room Tip: if you have an issue with your room let them know! dont pay extra for a room that faces the pool!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Joeseph F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Chris O

I want to thank you for your response and noticing our clean and friendly mantra. I apologize for your experience with our beds and I want to insure the bed you stayed in is functioning correctly. With that said, I want to invite you to call 219.769.6311 and let us know what room you stayed in.

We hope you visit our property again as we are the only Full Service experience in Northwest Indiana that offers an experience no one else offers.

Best Regards,
Portage, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

A premium hoted with no hot tubs, give me a break, every holiday express on the highway has hot tubs but the posh Radisson catering to the customers of the star plaza with overnight packages can not enjoy a hot tub. What are they thinking. Everything there is about accomadating the guests, with the exception of the hot tubs. Oh well I guess my out of town guests and I will have to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear steve m,

We recognize your frustration and are sorry that you feel this way. Unfortunately, the hot tubs were an irritant to the majority of the guests at Star Plaza and most importantly, had evolved into a profound safety issue. In the spirit of the satisfaction and safety of all of our guests, we made the difficult decision to remove the hot tubs. Our guests are always looking for quiet common space in the hotel to relax or conduct business and as a result, we re-engineered that space to accommodate this need.

We value your business and do not want to lose you as a customer. Radisson Hotel at the Star Plaza is the only full service hotel experience in the Northwest Indiana market and offers a distinct experience to our customers. We trust that you will continue to recognize and appreciate our difference and will remain a loyal customer. If there is anything that I can do to personally assist you, please contact me directly.

219.769.6311

Been to Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza? Share your experiences!