“Extremely rude check in attendant” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Merrillville

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Merrillville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Merrillville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8290 Louisiana St, I-65 at Exit #253-A, Merrillville, IN 46410   |
Ranked #15 of 21 hotels in Merrillville
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
“Extremely rude check in attendant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

After driving to the point of exhaustion, I stopped in the Merrillville,. Indiana Motel 6. The slim black woman that was behind the counter acted like she was mad I showed up. She asked me If I had a reservation. I said no. She shook her head and said fill out the form, someone else will take over. The way she said this was almost 'hostile'. I almost said something, but instead went aross the border to South Holland, Illinois and stayed at the Regency. I can see why people from Illinois don't like Indiana (just across the border) John, Ft. Wayne, Indiana. I was going to say if she doesn't like her job or people, I'll be more than happy to take her job. (I'm semi-retired and looking for part time work)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Importedtexan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

This is like the slum lord of motels. This is absolutely the worst motel EVER!!! Tried to check in at 7:30 p.m. and rooms were not clean even though we had reservations. When we finally got a room all they had were hand towels and wash cloths. When we called 3 times to get bath towels they finally said that they didn't have any bath towels and only hand towels and my husband had to go to the front desk to get them That is absolutely ridiculous!! I didn't even dare try to smell the sheets ... kinda scared to find out what I would discover. This motel really needs to be gutted out and be totally renovated. We were on the first floor and water kept on coming up through the tiles in the bathroom. Couldn't figure out where they were coming from. Must have been a leak through the tiles. I couldn't wait to check out. The motel looks fine from the outside but do not judge a book from it's cover because inside was another story. My mom's room ... the bathtub was painted and peeling off. I had to place 2 air fresheners in our room to alleviate the stench. It was better after awhile. I think I'm going to write a letter to Motel 6 Corporate have one of their upper management check it out for themselves. I am not exaggerating .... it's really that BAD!!! I felt like I was staying in the projects in that motel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
ebony1162
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

Where do I begin, ok first off when I went to check in which was about 4:30 there were absolutely not one room clean when check in is at 3:00, the staff at the front desk did not care they all have nasty attitudes, people where sitting on the stairs, and waiting in their cars for rooms to be cleaned and I also had made reservations,so by the time I checked in and preceeded to go to my room i noticed that the carpet in the halls had massive stains like no other I had seen before, then the people in the room next door and across the halls were soooooo LOUD! at nite and early in the morning it was ridiculous, no ine ever came to clean the rooms and we stayed for 3 days, I had to go down stairs and ask for towels and tissue, it was absolutely ridiculous, OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT, so when I first got to my room after a long drive and me being pregnant, I layed across the bed and OH MY GOD! I got a big wiff of straight booty and intercourse!!!! I threw up, and immediately called down stairs to get the linen changed, they lady said someone would be up and no one ever came, and then I finally went down there cause by this time , im pissed offand they acted real nonchalant as if it was no big deal, I would not recommend anyone to stay at this filthy, nasty trifling motel, I wouldnt even give this 1 star, dishh out the extra money and get a better room go to the best western.A loyal customer lost forever. oh and the room doors does not lock behind you, you have to turn and round and pull with everything you have to get those doors to lock and the pic shown above^^^^^^ is not the merrillville, In motel 6.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

After staying at Motel 6's multiple times over a nearly 3 week period on a cross country trip I booked this one thinking it would be like the rest-- cheap, clean and a place to rest. It wasn't clean at all! The hall on the second floor looked like the scene of a massacre, stained carpet galore. The room looked like someone had rolled a stick of deodorant all over the floor (at least I hope that's what it was). The non smoking room had cigarette burn holes in the blankets and I'm not sure how clean the sheets were. I never went without shoes and pretty much slept in my clothes. There were also a lot of strange characters roaming the halls and someone checking out when I was checking in at 1130pm...hmmm?
There are plenty of motels in the area, I'd pick another.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

We booked online. The price was right, $44 total, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. The first thing I noticed was that the photo of the motel online was not the in Merrillville, IN. If you don't mind things being not close to perfect, i.e., smells of smoke in halls, a toilet that wouldn't flush properly (the girl at the desk offered my husband a plunger...after he didn't say anything she then offered a second room), holes in the blanket from cigarettes (in a NON-smoking room), a bathtub in poor shape (didn't want to attempt use of the shower so can't report on that), and a yippy dog across the hall, then you might be alright in this motel. If you don't mind inconvenience like changing rooms, no tissues and a blanket that was too small for the bed (in the 2nd room), again, you would be okay. We'll let you make the call for yourselves if you'll try this place out.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Merrillville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

I had to book a room at Motel 6 due to an ice storm that cut off my electricity. I wanted to go to a hotel that was inexpensive and allowed pets, as I have pet birds, so I booked a room there for a night. The bed was extremely comfortable, so were the pillows. The heater worked very well, and blasted out so much heat, that I had to cut it down. Everything else was fine, too. Room looked clean. Watched t.v. Enjoyed some food from the nearby McDonald's. The staff was nice and very accomodating. They said I could spend another night if I needed to, just to let them know. I don't have any complaints about the hotel. My only complaint is to mother nature for causing the ice storm and to my electric company for not getting to my electricity any sooner.

• Liked — The heater and the comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — Can't say anything bad about the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Raleigh, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

After a 12 hour drive we arrived at 2:50 pm. Our room wasn't ready. We were told it would be ready at 3pm. At 3:20pm our room still wasn't ready. I asked if there was another room available and the girl said,"yes". There was a room available with smaller beds but we would have to pay more for it. I asked why do I have to pay more for a smaller room, we're the one's being inconvenienced but she couldn't see how we were being inconvenienced. Finally our room was ready (3:30 pm) and I went to pay with my debit card but when the receipt printed it had my debit card complete number on it and they already had copy of my drivers license. I asked why and they said it was the only way they could get paid. I now check my credit every month and pay close attention to my debit purchases.
The room was a room, it served it's purpose somewhere to sleep but I will never stay there again. We should have went across the street when we had the chance. Motel 6 will leave the light on for you but they can't promise a warm welcome and a clean room.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Merrillville? Share your experiences!