“Okay for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Merrillville/Gary Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Merrillville/Gary Area
Super 8 Merrillville/Gary Area
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   8300 Louisiana St, I-65 at Hwy 30E Ext 253, Merrillville, IN 46410-6312   |
Ranked #19 of 21 hotels in Merrillville
Georgia
“Okay for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Good room for the price. The continental breakfast was not worth getting up for, nor was the coffee. Other than that, the place was clean. Average room.

Stayed March 2008

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2007

It wasn't so bad. I admit I was a bit nervous when I saw the "low weekly rates" on the marquee-- that's usually a sign of trouble. And the lobby was really decrepit-- clean, but very shabby.

Otherwise, it was pretty much what I expected for $60 in the Chicago area. The hallways were clean, and the room was fine. The toilet ran every few minutes, which was annoying, but everything worked. It was VERY quiet-- amazingly so, as it was close to the highway. The staff was pleasant. Free wireless. It's in a big complex of hotels and restaurants, so there are plenty of places to eat. No green anywhere, but that's not why we go to highway hotels.

It felt safe enough on the second floor too. I never stay on the first floor.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

I had read two negative reviews prior to staying at the motel, but thought we'd try it and hope for the best. After listening to dogs bark in rooms surrounding us all night long, we changed the name to Kennel Eight Motel. I can just imagine people letting their dogs sleep in bed with them. YUCK! If that wasn't bad enough, I stepped into the dingy shower and found an old, black piece of soap waiting for me. Needless to say, we'll pay the extra money and stay somewhere cleaner next time!

• Stayed November 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greene County, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

We were in town to visit family for three days so we were looking for the cheapest hotel available that would accomodate two adults and three young childern (seven and under). The Super 8 Merrillville qualified. With a discount through our insurance, we paid a total of $130 for two nights. It took about 10 mins. to check in. We booked a non-smoking room with a queen bed and got a non-smoking room with two double beds, but it was on the ground floor which was a plus for us and it smelled good so we didn't ask to change rooms. With record temps/humidity for the area, the air conditioner had a hard time trying to meet our demanding temperature standards. (We like our rooms COLD.) The room was clean enough and quiet enough. Great location. Right across for an awesome mall and some major shopping. McDonald's very convenient. All in all, we would stay there again, unless we find something cheaper.

• Liked — Price.
  • Disliked — small room for family of 5
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

Entire hotel smelled of must and mold. You could see water stains on the caroets everywhere. I was lied to about complementary breakfast. There was virtually nothing there. Bus tour got late becuase of this we had to stop at McDonalds. I had a jacuzzi in my room that was broken and had obviously been that way for a long time. The vending machine ate my money and nobody cared. The alam clocks were not reset by cleaning staff so a couple people got woke up in the middle of the night. Someone else frantically thought he missed the bus because the time on the clock was wrong. What a complete disaster. I went through the head office of Super 8 and didn't even get any compensation for this. We paid $70/night! Yuck.

I WOULD HAVE RATHER HAD EVERYONE SLEEP ON THE BUS THAN THIS JUNKHOLE.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Merrillville/Gary Area? Share your experiences!