“only second floor rooms available” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn - Merrillville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8290 Georgia St, Merrillville, IN 46406227   |
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
jo913
“only second floor rooms available”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

remolding the Motel, so the workers get all of the lower floors. Shouldn't the guests get the first floor rooms? We have a dog that doesn't do steps well & ask for a lower floor room, but was told it doesn't mean you'll get one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jnoel2, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Jo913,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding you stay at the Red Roof Inn Merrillville Indiana location. I am extremely sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. In your review, you mentioned the workers getting a first floor location preference. Unfortunately, this was not the case. We currently have over 60% of our guest as extended stay workers. The workers travel from all across the nation to work at the BP plant.

At Red Roof Inn we welcome all local buisness to stay at our location, and we try to honor every single request. Nevertheless, this can be rather difficult. However, we do guarantee that the room type you reserve is the room type that you get when you stay with us.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review, and as always Red Roof Inn welcomes pets and try to have a hospitality heart when dealing with our guest and there needs.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to service you should your travel plans permit

Truly,

Janie Noel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stopped early to wait out a storm. Our first choices had no avilable rooms. This one had two available rooms. They weren't in too bad of shape, but the cleaning people definitely need some instruction. My daughter's room had gravy on the carpet ?? under the table. Definitely could use a remodel. It is definitely on my list of never to try again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Bradly R,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. It is very unfortunate that your stay was not a pleasurable one. We have taken all of our guest comments under review and this location is schedule to be renevated in the near future.

It is our extreme hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a confident, significant, and delighted stay. In your review you mentioned that the rooms were not in bad shape. However, when the renevation is completed you can look forward to new rooms with resonable rates.

Again, thank you for filling out a review. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans permit.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The last time I stayed at the location in Crown Point, IN, was a disappointment. The edges of the carpet were dusty ,and the location of the room, near the laundry facility was noisy, Even though I was offered a discount on my next visit, I will, likely, not be staying at this location again. I was a guest at this hotel previously and had no problems, but I don't want to take that chance again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

jnoel2, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am extremely sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. In your review you mentioned that you had stayed at the property and had no problems on a previous visit, I can assure you that the problems you experience will be an isolated event.

At Red Roof Inn, we welcome all guest feedback because we look at it as an opportunity to correct all areas of guest concern. Please know that we value you as a customer and hope that you will give us another opportunity to service you.

Janie Noel,
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I booked a non-smoking room and first room smelled like a smoking bar. Then we were switched to a second room which was ok at first glance, floor was a little dirty but when sheets were pulled back they was about ten short, black kinky hairs between the sheets that resembled hair from the neather regions. Finally we got in the third room and was non-smoking as requested and had no hair in the bed, only on bathroom floor and dirty carpet. I would recommend to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Bradley,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at out Inn. I am very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for the the lack of cleanliness, and the odor of smoke you experienced during your stay with us.

I can assure you that I am taking corrective measures to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof Merrillville, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,

Merrillville
Moline, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Last time I stayed here it was early May. The second night of my stay, my fiance and I woke to an ambulance, cop car, and a coroners car outside our window. He ventured outside to find out what had happened and learned out from a maid that someone had been murdered. A man and a woman checked in the night before and he checked out alone leaving a bloody mess and dead woman in the room. It was extremely strange to me because the staff acted as if it was no big deal. They just brought in a few new items and acted as if nothing happened. I'm not sure if this is a normal occurrence for this establishment or what. Needless to say, it creeped me out too bad to ever go back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Merrillville Indiana. I am extremely sorry that your stay was not a enjoyable one. I can only imagine your frustration when you checked into a room that was not cleaned up to Red Roof Inn expectations. Nevertheless, I can assure you that corrective measures have been taken to resolve this issue. We are making more visual inspections of the room and this hotel is also slated for a renovation.

I ginuely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans permit it.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here only to shower and leave. (my bathroom was being remodeled). I can tell they've done some updates. Don't expect much - this is your bottom bare basics here.
The room was very clean. I checked the bed for bed bugs based on previous reviews and found none. No mold in the bathrooms...no litter or filth left in the rooms.
If you are just in and out, want a place that's super cheap I guess RRI would be the place.

• Stayed November 2011
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Merrillville Red Roof.

Merrillville
Mokena, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Do yourself a favor. If you are in the Merrillville area, PLEASE seek another hotel for accommodations. Red Roof Inn SUCKS! My mother and I arrived to our room only to find one of the two double beds made up. There was a foul odor from the room and a nasty stain on the carpet. Dog poop perhaps. The bathroom was filthy! My mom and I headed right back out the door, went to the lobby and requested our money back! There's no way I was going to stay there. I would never rent at Red Roof Inn. They are below standards!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn - Merrillville? Share your experiences!