My husband's family is scattered over several states and they decided to meet in Merrillville, Indiana, for a weekend since that was where the children grew up. That particular weekend was a very busy one for Merrillville, and a lot of the hotels were full. We made our reservations online with the hotel's website and got the best deal and had room choices that weren't even available by calling the hotel it's self by prepaying for the room. They gave us an early check in to our whirlpool room and went out of their way to ask if we needed anything because we were traveling with a small child. Marsha at the front desk was FABULOUS. She was very helpful with the special requests we had and went out of her way to talk directly to my young daughter. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The pool was well maintained and nicely heated. My daughter highly recommends the breakfast in the morning and apparently a lot of those who stay enjoyed it as well since there was a full dining room most of the morning. We were given a late check out that gave our daughter an undisturbed nap and checkout took less than two minutes. We were very impressed. We're looking forward to coming back.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Merrillville Hotel Merrillville
- Holiday Inn Express Merrillville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Merrillville
- Merrillville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an excellent choice here in Merrillville, Indiana. We pride ourselves on exceedng our guests' expectations with friendly, professional service and sparkling guest rooms. Our guests enjoy a 100% smoke free environment, free parking, and free high-speed wireless internet throughout. We feature an indoor swimming pool, business center and print, fax, and copy services, and fitness center. We also have free passes to the nearby Gold’s Gym if guests are looking for more space and equipment. Our hotel features a large complimentary breakfast buffet. Along with breakfast breads, cereals, fruit, and yogurt, we also have hot options every day - eggs, breakfast meats, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes cooked to order. And of course, we have our famous warm, frosted cinnamon rolls that Holiday Inn Express is known for!Our hotel is conveniently located to the area’s best dining, entertainment, and attractions, as well as to I-65 and US-30, which allows for easy access to BP Refinery, US Steel, Siemens, Marathon, Ford, and many other local companies. We are also a great option before traveling into Chicago, visiting the beautiful Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, gambling at Horseshoe Casino, or taking in a show at the Star Plaza Theatre. We have 300 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate groups of up to 20. Let our staff do the planning, arranging, and preparing here at the hotel. We can provide groups many options from our breakfast, lunch, and snacks menu, as well as any audio-visual items guests may need. Whether you are traveling to Merrillville on business or leisure, our warm, hospitable staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and centralized location make us a great place for you to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Merrillville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.